Gibson Brands Forums

Hey steve... Gary Moore Collector's choice 1959 standard!

Thundergod

Agree. Gibson' date=' stop aging guitars. We're over it. You've made so many aged guitars that they aren't special any more. Make the Gary Moore guitar [i']un[/i]aged and I'll buy that.

The problem with that is when the actual PG/GM guitar was new it would have been Cherry Sunburst, not lemon-drop.

Surely the whole point of the excercise is, as I see it at any rate, to re-create the PG/GM instrument. In which case it should, IMHO, be aged. The un-aged one is effectively just a nice un-burst with different wiring and two wrong knobs!

And no matter how you look at it; that particular aged replica IS special, don't you agree?

I just got a mail from Gibson about that guitar... looks cool IMO' date=' but I don't really like the pink plastic and worn finish.[/quote']

hi TG, yea i got an email from my local guitar shop about a month ago telling me about this guitar...it is rather nice :(

Gary Moore model? Am I right that he sold the guitar? It wouldn't be his model now. Surely if you bought a 59 vos model it should be the same as you're buying a vintage original spec guitar? So the GM model would be this guitar 'bashed up' with a couple of different knobs.

Do they take us for mugs???

Gary Moore model? Am I right that he sold the guitar? It wouldn't be his model now. Surely if you bought a 59 vos model it should be the same as you're buying a vintage original spec guitar? So the GM model would be this guitar 'bashed up' with a couple of different knobs. Do they take us for mugs???

LOL! Watch out Gibson, they're catching on!

sok66.

I was slated for my comments when I joined this forum.

It seems that some people don't like the boat rocked or have too much money.

If Gibson did a 58/9 and 60 model plus the LP custom models in a non replica way, but a total re-issue in the fact of wiring, materials etc it would be great. it would be an exact guitar that would age as aging happens. Not someone bashing it.

I personally wouldn't want a Gary Moore/Billy Gibbons/ Slash etc guitar because I'm not them. I'm me. I'm sure Slash wouldn't buy a Gary Moore model. He has a 59 because he can afford it. I'd buy a 59 model if I wanted one (re-issue) not a 'signature'.

I totally understand the new models having better innerds and plek'd etc. Models have to be built to a cost. in 50 years the new models will be sought after because of this. rant over!

t seems that some people don't like the boat rocked or have too much money.

Wanna rock the boat?

Write about "effort justification."

It hacks off a lot folks - usually the ones who spend lots of money, and insist that they do not feel the need to justify anything to anybody.

what you have to think about is that if a guitar "be it the one in question or any other sig model" is a guitar that you like because...it plays how you want it to, it sounds how you want it to, it looks how you want it to and it's got the sig of one of your fave guitar players on it then why should you worry about what other people think? other people meaning people who don't like the artist or can't afford the guitar...and tbh most of the haters of sig models you find are the ones that can't afford the guitar...[biggrin]

Gary Moore model? Am I right that he sold the guitar? It wouldn't be his model now. Surely if you bought a 59 vos model it should be the same as you're buying a vintage original spec guitar? So the GM model would be this guitar 'bashed up' with a couple of different knobs.

Do they take us for mugs???

There's more to the PG/GM mod than just a pair of knobs.

The PG mod isn't only cosmetic. It's got the off phase mod too. But of course I have done that to 2 of my guitars and could make it to any R9 in less than half an hour. [biggrin]

Archived