Gibson Brands Forums

New picture thread

Tim Plains

Beautyful guitars guys. I like this game too. Here's mine.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

IMG_0297-1.jpg

left to right - R0 - 50th.Anni.Ver3 / R9- 50th.Anni.Darkburst / 2009 R9 1 of 59 Rustburst / 2009 R0 - vos Ebony limited run

Looks like Gibson Forums got a slight refresh today and a few things have been rearranged.

Let's see how many historic reissues are still here.

From left to right: '68 Custom' date=' (skip the Traditional [biggrin) R8, CR8, R9, 50th R9, Pearly Gates, SG VOS.

IMG_4989.jpg

Hi, Seeing you are an "advanced member" I thought I'd try and pick your brain.

I just purchased a new Gibson Les Paul '56 Goldtop VOS from my local Guitar Center. I gave $2600 for it but I see

most places offer them at $3500 or better. I was told it is new and has been on the wall for about a year.

There's a mild love scratch on the back but that's about it. The P90s sound great to my ears.

I see "Custom" here and there in the documentation.

The serial on the back of the headstock is 6 6xxx

I would be interested in knowing how what year it was made and if I may have been had at that low price.

If you can answer these or point me in the right direction I'd sure appreciate it.

Twinhit, you can always call Gibson Customer Service. But imo it's a 2006. check out their site, for info on understanding

the way Gibson dates it's Historics. And eljay is right , $2600.00 is a good price. post some pics of your axe.

Twinhit' date=' you can always call Gibson Customer Service. But imo it's a 2006. check out their site, for info on understanding

the way Gibson dates it's Historics. And eljay is right , $2600.00 is a good price. post some pics of your axe.[/quote']

Thanks, jamman.

I already answered this guy and $2' date='600 is not a good price for a used R6.

http://forums.gibson.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=35506

Thread derailed. So much for a picture thread...[/quote']

And thank you, R9.

It wasn't my intent to derail anyone's thread. The concept didn't even enter my mind until I read your response here.

I simply directed my question to you as the photo you posted suggested that you will have learned a thing or two after

having invested in as many LP guitars as you have done which is a very nice collection.

However, the fact of the matter is that you did NOT answer "already" as my previous initial reply post in THIS thread is timestamped prior to your response to me here: http://forums.gibson.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=35506

I thank you for taking the time to answer my inquiry.

^ time stamps on this forum are messed up. It says I posted in your other thread at Saturday' date=' July 03, 2010 10:38:21 AM when in fact I posted it somewhere around 12:00 - 2:00am. Not sure on what date.[/quote']

Well, looking at the time stamps, it suggests that you replied to my thread an 1 hr & 11 min after I posted and about 40 min. after my initial reply/post here in this thread.

However, you are saying that you posted "it somewhere around 12:00 - 2:00 am." (on the same day)

The trouble with that is I cannot see how you could have answered my thread before I even posted it.

It may well be that the time stamps are messed up. I'm in Pacific Time Zone.

My 6 am would be your 9 am.

Example

You said:

"Thanks!

Set to Eastern Time (US & Canada). I'm EST."

Time Stamp: Posted: Thursday, July 08, 2010 3:08:49 PM

I am submitting this response at roughly 1/4 past 11 am on the same day. However, if I am not mistaken,

EST is three hours ahead of Pacific Time.

I think you're right, something is wrong with either the system's clock.

It could be that the system's clock is based in Europe to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT).

Whatever your time zone is, the time stamp is GMT. That's my best guess why the time stamps appear thrown off.

All I know is that I would not have posted my query had I seen your response to my thread.

But the irony of that thread is that I am not saying anything in that thread that required the type of response.

People who are not privy to this discussion, may be confused by your response.

Anyway, back on topic. :-

Archived