Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gilliangirl

Nashville flooding

Murph's thread about Gruhn's flood problems reminded me of the flooding that Nashville saw. Have you ever heard this song by Victoria Banks? It's called City of Dreams and it's really beautiful. We're proud of Victoria as she's from Muskoka Ontario. Anyway, here's the song, which I'll bet my life was played on an AJ, because that's what Victoria plays.....

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

I have a friend in Nashville who works at URP' date=' and she says it's really bad. I think this would be a huge deal if not for the runaway oil well leak.[/quote']

How tragic that a crisis like this could be eclipsed by an even bigger crisis. :-

GG - glorious song - one of the things I love most about this forum is finding gems like her.

Mainstream media and its consumers seems to be getting more and more out of touch with what I call think of as music. Can't seem to get beyond "athletic" anthem licks without the soul to give them life; a monotony of unintelligible grunts instead of evocative lyrics; or singers who are coached that they have to yell if they want their performance to have a "moment".

**sigh**

I must be getting old.

GG - glorious song - one of the things I love most about this forum is finding gems like her.

Mainstream media and its consumers seems to be getting more and more out of touch with what I call think of as music. Can't seem to get beyond "athletic" anthem licks without the soul to give them life; a monotony of unintelligible grunts instead of evocative lyrics; or singers who are coached that they have to yell if they want their performance to have a "moment".

**sigh**

I must be getting old.

Haha! Good description of some of today's *talent*! I love the feeling that this song has too. It seems so heartfelt, and the guitar so melancholy, plaintive, tortured.

I'm struggling to figure out the chords to the part over the word 'troubador', so if any of you musicians with good ears out there can help me, I'd be appreciative. I think the guitar is tuned down a half-step, and the chords are F, C, Am, and G. But there's a rundown over troubadour that I just can't get. It starts with C, has the Am in there somewhere and resolves to G, but what is the walk down? I know the notes just can't quite get the chord.

That would make sense. I've got the J-185 tuned down a half-step so I'm in Eb G# C# F# Bb Eb tuning. So you're F# is my F.

Is this what you mean?

F#................C#..........................F#.......Bbm.......G#

Honky tonk angels and old.........trou......ba.........dours

Almost, I don't think she plays the Bbm chord though, I think she (or he) goes from the F# to the C# chord then plays the bass notes D# C# D# with a slight hammer on the first D# note then the G# Hard to explain in writing!

**sigh**

I must be getting old.

+1.