Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
sheldon101

Is this a real Gibson hard Case?

Hi can anyone please tell me if this is a genuine Gibson case , if it is from what era.

The case came with an 1990 Gibson les paul standard .

c33.jpg

c3.jpg

c333.jpg

Thanks in advance

sheldon

I've never seen a Gibson case like that but the logo looks real enough. For what it's worth, I once had an '89 LP Std and can trace it back to when it was bought new. It came with a standard California Girl (brown/pink) case.

thanks for the quick response , i do not think it is an acoustic case as it is quite slim and fits an Les paul like a glove .

I personally have nevers seen a gibson case with " metal binding " it is usually stiching. Everthing else looks gibson from the latches to the colour inside the case and the logo looks original.

The case on my L6-s looks like that it was a lightweight (something) case. sorry cant read the middle word on the reciept but it's getting pretty hard to read which isn't surprising since it from 1977. don't know if it's the same case or not but if it is, it will fit a Les Paul but is a little slimmer so be careful since it can press the strings down against the fretboard .

I've seen LPs come out of cases that look kind of like that. If from '77, it would be from the Norlin era. It's anybody's guess who the low bidder was that month.

I seriously doubt anyone would have the inclination to fake a case.

It HAS to be authentic. With that semi-digested beer stain? That's hard to fake. [thumbup]

that does look like a 70s era gibson case to me. That strrange orange tint lining was used in alot of them. The shape doesn't look right to me though. Might have originally been for a different guitar although I am thinking thru what was available and not sure what that would be.