Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
sg man

no drill maestro?

Also look for vibramate.

It fits in the stop-bar tailpiece holes, and you install a Bigsby B5 (I think that's the model) on top of it.

Several times I've nearly pulled the trigger on one of these over the last 6 months.

EDIT: DUH!!! Sorry, that's not exactly a Maestro, is it!! [cool]

EDIT: DUH!!! Sorry' date=' that's not exactly a Maestro, is it!! [cool

Well its still a useful contribution (:

Also look for vibramate.

It fits in the stop-bar tailpiece holes' date=' and you install a Bigsby B5 (I think that's the model) on top of it.

Several times I've nearly pulled the trigger on one of these over the last 6 months.

EDIT: DUH!!! Sorry, that's not exactly a Maestro, is it!! :) [/quote']

I think Vibramate's actually working on a device to accomodate Maestros. You can check their website to see the progress. They're a wonderful product, the Vibramate device...I fitted a full B7 Bigsby on my Les Paul with ease. I still can't believe how great it sounds; having that extra aluminum to connect the Bigsby to the guitar makes for an unsacrificed sustain.

Vibramate has an adapter plate coming soon for the short Maestro, I don't know about the long one though. It's called the v-100, I think[biggrin]

well as good as stetsbar probaly is I personaly want a maestro and that vibramate would be awsome if they came out with the long maestro.

Yeah, the stetsbar sounds like a really good product, mebbe even a superb one... but unfortunately I don't like the look of it!

I'm very interested in this Vibramate offering for a Maestro though... that was news to me, thanks for pointing me that way. And it is the short version I'd be interested in.

Does anyone have any idea of when they might get it to market? I've been over their site but can't find any suggestion of release dates...

It's called the VM-100, BTW. It's on Vibramate's site, but it just says coming soon, with no date:-s

It's called the VM-100' date=' BTW. It's on Vibramate's site, but it just says coming soon, with no date:-s [/quote']

Yeah It looks very nice. If I ever get the short maestro, i'll get the VM-100, of course after it's out.