Gibson Brands Forums

Custom Left Handed Pickguards

rockman82

Unfortunately, I have yet to get a Gibson Sg, and I really want a batwing pickguard made left handed. The problem is I know they will not fit epiphones.

Does anyone know anybody that would make left handed epiphone pickguards? I want a batwing style pickguard for my G400, but I haven't had any luck so far. The 1966 Epi G400 has a batwing styled pickguard, but there are no leftys as far as i know.

There are many people on e-bay that advertise custom plastic parts (pickguards, truss rod covers, etc). The problem is that to assure the proper shape and a perfect fit, you would need to have a batwing pickguard for a general pattern (left or right handed, doesn't matter), your guitar and your existing pickguard (for pickup routes and screw holes, etc).

No one will sell duplicates, replicas, or aftermarket parts of something that never existed in the first place. To create one from scratch would be quite an endeavor, but surely possible.

its not impossible to make one, the bevelling could be hard, but with some pickguard material and a handsaw and some files... or maybe even getting a laser-etch company to cut it on their machines for you..

Guest rogerb

You might also check out www.pickguards.com or call WD Music at 1-877-WDMUSIC (936-8742). they will need a template to make a custom pickguard.

Archived