Gibson Brands Forums

Hello SG Lovers

Mister Will

Well first off, I'm new so hello! But that is besides the point.

After working like a dog I will be purchasing my first Gibson SG. It wont be the Standard, It will be the faded Special in worn brown. I would love to get a Standard (and will someday) but right now the faded Special is the one I can afford.

I will post some pics of it as soon as I get it and can!

I look forward to posting with you all!

Well first off' date=' I'm new so hello! But that is besides the point.

After working like a dog I will be purchasing my first Gibson SG. It wont be the Standard, It will be the faded Special in worn brown. I would love to get a Standard (and will someday) but right now the faded Special is the one I can afford.

I will post some pics of it as soon as I get it and can!

I look forward to posting with you all![/quote']

Welcome to the forum! Nothing wrong with a faded special, it's still a great axe. Be sure to post some pics as soon as you get it!

Congrats on your new SG. You gotta love the SG because of it's weight, upper fret access, fine shaped necks and heck they just look freakin awesome! Just wait until you get the SG G.A.S. Have fun with your new guitar! BTW welcome to the forum.

Rewd.

when people complain that gibsons are all too expensive, I always mention the SG special faded. It is a great sounding and playing guitar and although it isn't cheap, it is affordable for a quality guitar that is still made proudly in the USA[thumbup]

Well just got back from my local guitar shop and played the heck outta every SG faded special and SG standards they had. I have now come across a quandry.

Get the faded special ( which I love )

OR

Pull the trigger, spend a little more dough and get the SG Standard (which I love )

AAAGGGHHHHH!!!!! I don't know what to do. I think I have truly caught Gibsonitus......

My advice to you is to get the Standard. Why? Because as great as the fadeds are, just the fact that you are having this dilemma means you will always have the Standard on your mind. I know this from personal experience lol. Either way though, you'll have yourself a great guitar.

If you have the money get the standard. If you don't either wait til you do or buy the faded now and trade up later. You'll lose some money if you go the trade up later route but alot of people do it everyday. My personal opinion is that the standard holds it's resale value better than a faded but I would not base my purchase soley on that fact. It's a matter of which one feels better, plays better and sounds better to YOU! Good Luck on your quest to buy the axe which makes you happy.

Welcome to the forum! I think if you find an SG that you like and it costs more than what you currently have, you should try like heck to save, sell stuff, or borrow some bucks to get it. Any Gibson SG is great, but as has been stated, if you trade it in or sell it down the road because you found something else, you're going to lose some money. It's always good to have a back-up SG; that's how G.A.S. starts! That's why I have three SG's; they're all awesome and of course made in the good ole U.S.

Well just got back from my local guitar shop and played the heck outta every SG faded special and SG standards they had. I have now come across a quandry.

Get the faded special ( which I love )

OR

Pull the trigger' date=' spend a little more dough and get the SG Standard (which I love )

AAAGGGHHHHH!!!!! I don't know what to do. I think I have truly caught Gibsonitus......[/quote']

GET BOTH! Or if thats not possible get the Standard. The Faded isn't worth it!

Archived