Gibson Brands Forums

Spain!! Spain!! Spain!! Now in the finals!! (New Video Added)

daveinspain

I'm dissapointed. I don't like the way Spain plays football. All that possesion and still nothing really happens. They only got the goal because of a beginners mistake defending on that corner kick. But it is winning that matters, not how you do it. And it will probably work against Holland too, so congratulations.

I think the most interesting thing to take with you from this match is that it really makes you realise just how awful and horribly England and Argentina sucked.

I'm dissapointed. I don't like the way Spain plays football. All that possesion and still nothing really happens. They only got the goal because of a beginners mistake defending on that corner kick. But it is winning that matters' date=' not how you do it. And it will probably work against Holland too, so congratulations.

I think the most interesting thing to take with you from this match is that it really makes you realise just how awful and horribly England and Argentina sucked.[/quote']

Yep! England were a disgrace!

Look at Ghana.... They went home holding their heads high.... Great play!

I'm dissapointed. I don't like the way Spain plays football. All that possesion and still nothing really happens. They only got the goal because of a beginners mistake defending on that corner kick. But it is winning that matters' date=' not how you do it. And it will probably work against Holland too, so congratulations.

I think the most interesting thing to take with you from this match is that it really makes you realise just how awful and horribly England and Argentina sucked.[/quote']

Excuse me??? Did we see the same game? Spain dominated Germany from the start. They won by their skill not by luck or anyones mistake.... Even the news media is saying Spain deserved to win the game...

Well, from the perspective of the not-usually-a soccer-watcher, I thought it was kind of a snoozer.

They won - good for them.

It's not likely to inspire me to become anymore than a once-every-four-years watcher, though.

Having just watched the local NBA team win the championship, I am aware of how nice it feels when your wins.

I'll be rooting for Spain in the final.

Well' date=' from the perspective of the not-usually-a soccer-watcher, I thought it was kind of a snoozer.

They won - good for them.

It's not likely to inspire me to become anymore than a once-every-four-years watcher, though.

Having just watched the local NBA team win the championship, I am aware of how nice it feels when your wins.

I'll be rooting for Spain in the final.[/quote']

Thanks mate...[blink] Just consider one thing. Just because there was only 1 goal scored in the whole game doesn't mean it was a boring game. Yes, Spain dominated and had more possession of the ball but Germany played very well. They made Spain work their asses off to get that 1 goal. I think it would be more boring if it was so easy to score a goal the the final scores would read 103 to 85.... Just saying....

Congrats Dave, Spain played superb football, it was a pleasure watching how they played the ball around ... the best team won and as a matter of fact, the Germans were just a shadow of what they demonstrated in previous matches! Eviva Espana!!!![blink]

Go out on the street ... and bre.....

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

Con permiso de Holanda:

Y si somos los mejores bueno y que,

Y si somos los mejores bueno y que,

Y si somos los mejores,

Y si somos los mejores,

Y si somos los mejores bueno y queeeeeeeeeee

Sorry but I'm too happy to write in english ha,ha,ha.... we won the Eurocup, and now we are one steep from wining the world cup. I can't believe it. Germany has been the best team until today, in fact I thouhgt that they were going to win us. Maybe if Muller had played today now we were talking about a final between Germany vs Holland, but Spain played a great match and Germany wasn't able to play like they were playing until today.

Excuse me??? Did we see the same game? Spain dominated Germany from the start. They won by their skill not by luck or anyones mistake.... Even the news media is saying Spain deserved to win the game...

The goal is a defending mistake. You see, letting someone run 6-8 meters totally free into the box with no one even paying any attention to him what so ever isn't common practice when defending against a corner kick. It's a huge mistake, and a really embarrassing one at that, for any team, and espcially for a team like Germany who makes a big thing out of being so well organised and prepared. If you can't see that, then I don't know what to tell you. Maybe to get new glasses, becaus you obviously also have troubles reading my previous post.

I never said that Germany were better. Spain were the better team, but the goal came from a mistake and that's that. Nothing wrong with winning like that. Had they won anyway? Yes, in a fair world they would have. If anything, I said Germany sucked with my comment about how much England and Argetina must have sucked, since Germany dominated them and had no chance here.

My point about Spain playing boring as hell still stands though.

Germany has been the best team until today' date=' in fact I thouhgt that they were going to win us. [/quote']

That's what I thought too, before the match. But like I've said in my other posts, I guess we were fooled. England and Argentina were dominated by Germany because they really sucked and let Germany win the ball and counter attack far up the field. Spain pushed them back and when Germany won the ball they had another 30 meters or so to run in the attack, and it just took too long.

The goal is a defending mistake. You see' date=' letting someone run 6-8 meters totally free into the box with no one even paying any attention to him what so ever isn't common practice when defending against a corner kick. It's a huge mistake, and a really embarrassing one at that, for any team, and espcially for a team like Germany who makes a big thing out of being so well organised and prepared. If you can't see that, then I don't know what to tell you. Maybe to get new glasses, becaus you obviously also have troubles reading my previous post.

I never said that Germany were better. Spain were the better team, but the goal came from a mistake and that's that. Nothing wrong with winning like that. Had they won anyway? Yes, in a fair world they would have. If anything, I said Germany sucked with my comment about how much England and Argetina must have sucked, since Germany dominated them and had no chance here.

My point about Spain playing boring as hell still stands though. [/quote']

Yes, the goal is a defending mistake, but usually when the match is played between two good teams the victory is due to a mistake of one of the teams. Also it is true that this has been the best match of Spain during all the world cup, and I prefer the way they play during the eurocup, but nowadays spain is the only team that can play like that moving the ball fast and dominating the other team from the begining until the end of the match.

The goal is a defending mistake. You see' date=' letting someone run 6-8 meters totally free into the box with no one even paying any attention to him what so ever isn't common practice when defending against a corner kick. It's a huge mistake, and a really embarrassing one at that, for any team, and espcially for a team like Germany who makes a big thing out of being so well organised and prepared. If you can't see that, then I don't know what to tell you. Maybe to get new glasses, becaus you obviously also have troubles reading my previous post.

My point about Spain playing boring as hell still stands though. [/quote']

To be perfectly honest I am an American living in Spain so my skill in recognizing an obvious bad mistake by Germany was overshadowed by the Spanish player coming out of no where to make the header goal... I mean that was wonderful... And I still don't see how you can say it was a boring game but I respect your opinion...[biggrin]

Yes' date=' the goal is a defending mistake, but usually when the match is played between two good teams the victory is due to a mistake of one of the teams. [/quote']

Yes. Like I said, nothing wrong with winning that way.

I think at one point into the game, Spain had 65% ball possesion to Germany's 35%. That's crushing numbers, really. Still, the number of chances to actually score were fairly even, depending on how you see the various situations. Rolling the ball around, owning it, just waiting for the oponent to show an opening is impressive, and apprantly effective too. But I doubt I'll ever find it fun to watch. Sorry.

To be perfectly honest I am an American living in Spain so my skill in recognizing an obvious bad mistake by Germany was overshadowed by the Spanish player come out of no where to make the header goal... I mean that was wonderful... And I still don't see how you can say it was a boring game but I respect your opinion...[biggrin]

That's ok. :D

I just like football to move faster and further along the depth of the field. Spain had a bit more of it today then earlier games. For example the times Villa took the run into the area behind Germany's defenders. But it comes down to preference. Had I been Spanish I probably would have liked seeing them roll the ball around too!

Yes. Like I said' date=' nothing wrong with winning that way.

I think at one point into the game, Spain had 65% ball possesion to Germany's 35%. That's crushing numbers, really. Still, the number of chances to actually score were fairly even, depending on how you see the various situations. Rolling the ball around, owning it, just waiting for the oponent to show an opening is impressive, and apprantly effective too. But I doubt I'll ever find it fun to watch. Sorry.

[/quote']

Yes, today we saw two ways of playing: possesion (Spain) vs counterattack (Germany). As I said before maybe if Muller had played, the counterattack of the German team would had been more effective. In my opinion the best way of playing it is a mix between both styles. In fact the team that I support is the Valencia f.c and they don't play like the spanish team.

Dave, how lucky of you to be there right now and able to take part of the celebrations! Have a beer for us guitar geeks who aren't in spain or from spain.

I was going for Germany but Spain is as good to me [biggrin] I was watching the game with some friends and some were in for Spain, some for Germany, when asked I replied: I don't care who wins, both deserve to be champions.

Spain played way better IMO.

Dave' date=' how lucky of you to be there right now and able to take part of the celebrations! Have a beer for us guitar geeks who aren't in spain or from spain.

I was going for Germany but Spain is as good to me [biggrin I was watching the game with some friends and some were in for Spain, some for Germany, when asked I replied: I don't care who wins, both deserve to be champions.

Spain played way better IMO.

Thanks Thunder... Check back in a while I'm uploading to YouTube some of the madness in the streets going on after the game and now....

Archived