Gibson Brands Forums

Heavy SG!

durtyDevil

Ok, so I always thought my SG Standard seemed a bit on the heavy side, but this past week I played around with another Standard at the music shop and it was light as a feather. When I got home, I weighed mine and it's 8 1/2 lbs! Is that abnormal for an SG? It sounds fine, and it does have an almost baseball bat neck...but doesn't that seem a bit heavy for an SG? Thanks in advance for any feedback

[biggrin]

Oh, and it's a 2009, btw.

My SG Special is heavier too and I love it. Never weighted it, though. Granted, its one of those Ltd. Specials that came in Platinum, Black, and Sunrise Orange with brushed chrome hardware. It ain't your average Special.

My SG Special is heavier too and I love it. Never weighted it' date=' though. Granted, its one of those Ltd. Specials that came in Platinum, Black, and Sunrise Orange with brushed chrome hardware. It ain't your average Special.[/quote']

wheres a pic of that beauty?

Right here

l_4f1ccf2733f44e3399628dccbc59368c.jpg

Outside of the scoliosis, my back is fine. Thanks for asking (jerks). My other guitar is a 90s Sheraton with a Bigsby which would make any Les Paul feel like a feather. A nice wide strap does wonders. So does being in shape.

Archived