Gibson Brands Forums

What's your Go-To Guitar?

therookie_123

Hey guys, what is your Go-To Guitar? Details Boys and Girls! Details!!!

Mine is a Satin Cherry Gibson ES 335 Dot. Modified it a bit. Switched bride pickup to a 498t and converted the neck pickup into a 4 wire conducter. then made all the knobs into push/ pulls for coil splits and phase inversions. Also added a Bigsby B7 Trem. Named her Shelby. Hoping to get Locking Grover Tuners

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man, Daveinspain, I am seriously jealous of that LP in Blue. I don't know what the drool emoticon is so I'll just put drool in brackets (drool).

Also, Blues/Rock wouldn't have dominated so badly if Blues, and Rock had their own catergories. Just thinking out loud.

My L7 is my "Go To " JAZZ is the game!!!!

Get this though, she is so versatile that my

recent player is "WOODSTOCK" In a CSNY kinda

sorta style.

As one of my originals says "Am I playin her or is she playin me?"

Man' date=' Daveinspain, I am seriously jealous of that LP in Blue. I don't know what the drool emoticon is so I'll just put drool in brackets (drool).

Also, Blues/Rock wouldn't have dominated so badly if Blues, and Rock had their own catergories. Just thinking out loud.[/quote']

you'd have it right if they were actually brackets,but those are parenthesis.

[biggrin]

Since I play two distinct and different types of music, can I have two "go-to-guitars".

For jazz it's my L-5CES:

2956910195_608ac00402_o.jpg

For blues (and EVERYTHING else), it's my ES-345. With all due respects to Milo, I think the ES is the most versatile guitar ever designed:

2338123474_11545056cf_o.jpg

What, no Country??? Is ok, Country is just blues with twang.

I'm a Blues/Rock kinda guy with ever increasing country influences creeping into my metal....

Yeah, I consider Metal to be rock :-k

<----- My #1- 2007 LP Std.

My back-up- Fender Mahogany Special

MSS011-1-1.jpg

Archived