Gibson Brands Forums

Edit: Spain 1 Holland 0 Spain Wins World Cup!!

daveinspain

They did it!!! Spain is World Champions for the next 4 years!!!

Yes' date=' but not in a sportif way......

Look ref, i fell and now i lost my legs!:-

Sorry, Spain didn't play sportif, but mean[-(

Unfortunatly the ref bought it.

Congrats Spain [cool]

Congratulations Spain, well done, well deserved, you've demonstrated the most beautiful footballplay of the tournament and you we're credited for that (which isn't always the rule in football)! I'm happy the best team won!

Boring 1st half and no yellow cards for diving. The referee makes a mistake and calls a goal kick instead of a corner after the ball deflects off a Spanish player. That denies a scoring opportunity for the Netherlands and Spain scores from the ensuing goal kick. Lots of controversy from the refereeing in the tournament. I hope FIFA can move into the 21st century with technology to assist referrees in making crucial calls. A disappointing final in terms of display of skill, but good on Spain. Also, how about a decent half time show.

Well Done Spain!

In each game they played their players showed a dedication to good play neglected by almost every other major team in the contest.

It was sad to see the country who once played the most beautiful football, especially in the figure of the peerless Johann Cruyff, resort to the worst approach - only just the right side of illegality. No less than 10 yellow-cards in one game!

I'm sure all of Madrid will be partying long and hard from 7pm tonight when the team goes on an 'Open-Top' parade through the city!

Archived