Gibson Brands Forums

Contest! (not really)

jannusguy

Guess the seasoned Guitar God and win.... nothing! I had the pleasure of working with this gentleman again, last night. He is in the twilight of his career (or so he told me) and, IMHO, playing with unmatched clarity, skill and fire. He's touring the US for the next 12 weeks and if he's coming to your town, you should go. I'm strictly an acoustic player but, man what this guy does with a Strat is just, well, you know, sublime. You know who he is, right?

[

DSC00226.jpg

I love Robin Trower, and I think he is better than ever. His tone with a Strat is definitive, plays through both Fender and Marshall heads, and has a vibrato that will not quit. He has fallen out of favor in some circles but I think he is one of the greats.

yes rosewoody. he is a force, still. he's a very humble man who always seems to be surprised anyone has come to see him, every time i do a show with him. then he proceeds to take the stage and blow everybody's s**t away. it's always a treat to see him. as far as his having fallen out of favor in certain circles, well they must not be very learned circles.

cheers, rob

well i definitely don't (can't!) play with trower! i wish! when i say i work with him, i mean as a concert promoter. that's what i do. i leave the playing to him and i do the paying. the person you mentioned is not familiar to me. typically when robin shows up it's with a drummer, bass player and a vocalist. is eric a guitar player?

Archived