Gibson Brands Forums

My JP EDS 1275 shipped yesterday

daveinspain

Ok, here we go again... bighting fingernails and tracking everyday several times a day to see where she is... Will she arrive ok? Is she being treated well? I hate waiting... How long until we get a transporter Scotty????

i hate waiting and worrying thats why i go to my local guitar center

Do you have any other guitar shops in the area?

I'm sure the market is there or GC wouldn't have put a store in.

Of course, indy dealers often fold soon after GC comes to town.

Guitar Junkie is right... The Gibson dealer I have here in Valencia has like three or four Gibsons and nothing very special. The Gibsons they do have are very expensive... So I took a chance and bought on Ebay. I was very lucky when I got my SG Standard on Ebay, its a great guitar, plays great, sounds great and looks great!! Hopefully i'll have just as good luck with the doubleneck. I saved $1000 from what Guitar Center was selling them for and its new in the box with all case candy. I researched the seller to before making my bid. I had been watching his auctions. This guy always has the best guitars; limited additions, highly figured tops...etc. He has been dealing guitars, mostly Gibson, for years on Ebay and with almost 1000 sales his feedback is 99.9%. We communicated by email and I spoke with him on the phone as well. I feel confident, so now its just the wait... eusa_whistle.gif

I researched the seller to before making my bid. I had been watching his auctions. This guy always has the best guitars; limited additions' date=' highly figured tops...etc. He has been dealing guitars, mostly Gibson, for years on Ebay and with almost 1000 sales his feedback is 99.9%. We communicated by email and I spoke with him on the phone as well. I feel confident, so now its just the wait... :-k [/quote']

So, I can assume you are familiar with the phrase "caveat emptor" and have no problem with the spirit of it....

Good job Dave!

Ebay can be a great place to do business if you just do a little homework.

If something doesn't look right, pass on it.

I've had minor trouble twice and it was resolved promptly. No complaints here!

That cabinet is awesome Dave. How about this for an idea; hook up a small drive motor that will open the top lid and raise the shelf to the top lip, while a spot light shines directly onto the guitar and some background angles begin to sing while it rises in slow motion.

Both yours and TimA's cabinets are the best storage idea I've seen.

Archived