Gibson Brands Forums

So completely off topic, well...

Riverside

Got a new puppy (wasn't looking for one) and he just loves chewing on the droppings of the original cast and crew.

I suppose there's an idea that says that dogs do not completely metabolize their food, and therefore the waste might be somewhat like food.

I'm looking at some nutritional supplements that claim "to make the poo taste bad"... (I'm not going there.)

Does anyone here have any experience in solving this dilemma?

WvVo1.jpg

First of all' date=' has he been Plek'd?[/quote']

No, and he's not gonna be. His pedigree is completely off the chart. My sister is a world-class breeder of chihuahuas, and his line is highly desired.

His only drawback is the brindle color (well, that and his propensity to eat sh!t)- which some in the biz don't like. He'll get his championship though, and with the line behind him, he'll likely become a top producer. He'll throw a bunch that won't have the same coloration.

It's not my game, but he needed somewhere to live for a while.

The only way to break him/her of that habit is to correct him when it happens by a small squirt of water in the face when he/she does it.

Thanks - I'll give that a try. We try to clean up after them all, but the offending behavior happens immediately - well, you know.

Good luck with your new pup.

The only way to break him/her of that habit is to correct him when it happens by a small squirt of water in the face when he/she does it.

My folks tried that one....no dice. Its gonna be different for every dog though....it may be worth a try...

I don't like spraying my pooches for corrections...i prefer a touch.

Oh and riverside...keep the dog on a leash attached to you at all times as a puppy...then you can never miss an opportunity to correct and not allow the dog to eat it. :) Good luck man!!!

Oh and riverside...keep the dog on a leash attached to you at all times as a puppy...then you can never miss an opportunity to correct and not allow the dog to eat it. :) Good luck man!!!

Easier said than done around here, anyway.

I'm going to try Doc Roy's "Snoop No Poop Plus" -

"...helps eliminate and prevent coprophagia, the unhealthy habit of stool eating. In addition, Snoop No Poop Plus will eliminate stool and urine odor, help to alleviate occasional gas and reduce bad breath and body odor."

What's not to like?

We have a poodle that does the same thing. A leash and a sharp eye while we walk her stopped it.

You can give your dog anything you like, but isn't it just going to make it's poo taste bad? Won't it still eat the other dog's poo?

We have a poodle that does the same thing. A leash and a sharp eye while we walk her stopped it.

You can give your dog anything you like' date=' but isn't it just going to make it's poo taste bad? Won't it still eat the other dog's poo?[/quote']

I'm giving it to all of the dogs.

I hope it works.

Constant correction is the key but even then they will try behind your back to get away with it.

For the most part our dog has stopped and when I catch her starting to I just say the word and she usually stops. She knows she isn't supposed to but I guess it's like cat nip for dogs... when ours does get to eat it she becomes a little hyper - imagine a Jack Russel being hyper. [biggrin]

Seriously River, I have 1 of 3 that does that nasty habit. We put a small cat door in the laundry room door and keep litter boxes in laundry room which let's the cats in & dog out. We then make sure when laundry is done the little rascal doesn't sneak in. Works for us. Good luck.

My pug does it all the time man...I havent been able to stop her for 8 years....i may try one of those"make your poo taste bad" supplements [lol] cute pup by the way...luckily my alaskan malamute doesnt have the same problem..

35377_1525186497562_1471628963_1308989_8367912_n.jpg

My pug does it all the time man...I havent been able to stop her for 8 years....i may try one of those"make your poo taste bad" supplements [lol]

Me too' date=' it just taste so delicious and all the guests I have get creeped out. [crying

Archived