Gibson Brands Forums

Historic Rings

lpplayer

Historic pickup rings are taller by about 1/8 of an inch. The color is not even close (they are lighter in color than Gibson USA ones) and the bottom and top are not curved.

With that said, others have put them on and you have to screw in all 4 corners evenly so they bend to the curve of the current body. There are other non-Gibson ones that might accomplish the same thing (additional height is really the only difference besides color) that have a curved bottom and flat top. I will be getting these shortly from allparts to try out.

Historic pickup rings are taller by about 1/8 of an inch. The color is not even close (they are lighter in color than Gibson USA ones) and the bottom and top are not curved.

With that said' date=' others have put them on and you have to screw in all 4 corners evenly so they bend to the curve of the current body. There are other non-Gibson ones that might accomplish the same thing (additional height is really the only difference besides color) that have a curved bottom and flat top. I will be getting these shortly from allparts to try out. [/quote']

Thanks all for the replies.

I wonder if the rings will look warped when they are on, since they are not curved?

Archived