Gibson Brands Forums

*Slight* Damage

Jantha

the guitar center in san jose had about 40 guitars - electrics and acoustics - that had headstock breaks just like that about 18 months ago. they were all gibsons and epiphones, i don't know what the deal was but it seemed like GC sent a bunch of broken guitars from other stores there to sell, either that or the UPS guy had one hell of a day...

but you could pick up a les paul with a pretty bad headstock break for just a couple of hundred bucks, i wonder if this guitar came from there.. a couple of clamps, some glue and 3 hours and you've got a guitar to sell for $949.

' date=' i don't know what the deal was but it seemed like GC sent a bunch of broken guitars .[/quote']

you have to remember that it’s the neck angle that’s made the “achilles heel” of the Les Paul guitar.

Just happens that GC pushes a tone of product; so the more product you push the more breakage you’ll see in returns

Item specifics

Condition: New: A brand-new, unused, unopened, undamaged item in its original packaging (where packaging is applicable). Packaging should be the same as what is found in a retail store, unless the item is handmade or was packaged by the manufacturer in non-retail packaging, such as an unprinted box or plastic bag. See the seller's listing for full details.

that was my favorite part

it looks like the truss rod cavity is filled with glue. What a crap repair. I could have done better. not to mention, they retail for $1400. A headstock break is almost an automatic 50% reduction in resale value. I wouldn't pay more than $500 for that. Probably less. Heck I'd pay MORE for it with the headstock freshly broken off! then I could take it to a REAL luthier.

first thing looking at the picture i noticed was that big yellow glare and was like "thats it? thats not that ba--GOD ALMIGHTY!" the day my les paul headstock looks like that, i'm kickin some cats in my neighborhood.

Archived