Gibson Brands Forums

Help! dark fire charger not working properly, cant tune, it flashes yellow and i cant plug in to com

AfraidToTell

HELP!

i love my dark fire but all i seem to do is be having problems

first i get my dark fire a few months back, sounded amazing

then i realised my laptop dont have a firewire drive, tried getting a lead for it to go into a USB but no it didnt work!

plus the software needs serial numbers, how do i get the serial numbers?

next, the second time i use my charger, it starts buzzing as soon as i plug the guitar into it, it dont sound or look right.

Then to make things worse, i cant use the guitar to tune, it now just flahses yellow

what the heck am i supossed to do!!!

thx[confused]

HELP!

i love my dark fire but all i seem to do is be having problems

first i get my dark fire a few months back' date=' sounded amazing

then i realised my laptop dont have a firewire drive, tried getting a lead for it to go into a USB but no it didnt work!

There's no such thing as FIREWIRE>USB. Your laptop will most likely have a cardbus or expresscard slot. You should get a Firewire card that fits that slot.

plus the software needs serial numbers, how do i get the serial numbers?

Register here http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul/Gibson-USA/Dark-Fire/Software.aspx

next, the second time i use my charger, it starts buzzing as soon as i plug the guitar into it, it dont sound or look right.

Sounds like a faulty charger. Contact CS, get it replaced and in the meantime use the RIP and console to charge your DF.

Then to make things worse, i cant use the guitar to tune, it now just flahses yellow

flashing yellow indicates the DF needs charging.See above

what the heck am i supossed to do!!!

Dont panic !!!

Read the manual.

Join http://www.futureguitarnow.com/

....and all will be revealed [biggrin]

thx[confused]

• 1 month later...

Archived