Gibson Brands Forums

Custom Les Paul price

GoldenBigsbyCustom

I like that review for the Townsend sig:

Experience w/product: I have heard about it

Reviewer's Background: Stay-at-home mom

Reviewer's Play Style: blues, classic, rock, metal sucks

I have no idea what I'm talking about. I've never seen this guitar in real life, let alone played or bought. I don't know a thing about it. But it looks really tight and I like The Who

Posted by Mike Jones from Don't mess withTexas on Dec 14, 2005

Sure!

It was at my dealer' date=' Bizarre Guitar.

They bought over 100 guitars from a private collector here in Phoenix (he had another 600 guitars...) and there were all sorts of oddities, factory prototypes, rarities, Custom Shop, relics and reissues in the bunch.

This SG was just one of MANY really cool guitars in the crowd.

I did a couple months of research on it while it hung in the store, figuring somebody would snatch it up.

Info on it was pretty scarce, Gibson has no records of it other than "Yeah, we built it..." so Walter Carter at Gruhn's was my best source - he worked at Gibson for years.

I decided to grab it, got a little break on the price since I've bought alot of gear there.

Got it appraised by Gruhn, let's say I could have any SG I wanted if I got THAT much for it.

Kinda hard to fix a value on a guitar if there are no others around to compare it to, so I dunno what it would go for.

Moot point really, I ain't selling it.[/quote']

ive read this twice now... and i think i wouldnt mind reading it for the third time... or the fifth or the...

great story man, you are very lucky.

Archived