Gibson Brands Forums

Marshall question

Silenced Fred

There are reviews to be found on the internet. Basicly what I hear is the crunch channel works great but for soloing you need to use something like a tube screamer to boost the clean channel. Apparently the clean channel is not as loud as the crunch channel.

Rewd.

There are reviews to be found on the internet. Basicly what I hear is the crunch channel works great but for soloing you need to use something like a tube screamer to boost the clean channel. Apparently the clean channel is not as loud as the crunch channel.

Rewd.

[lol]

It's single channel.... [crying]

Make your recommendations' date=' and I will try and save up for it. For this summer, I will only have enough extra for one purchase, I'm trying to decide between a 339, a Trad Pro, and a Marshall[/quote']

What happened with the Sheraton idea?

Is the amp you have already, a tube amp?

If so I'd say buy one of the guitars....

I like em'. I think I'd prefer a JTM45 but to each his own.

I had a 4100 (JCM900) half stack for a decade. I never really liked the clipping diode sound but it had a nice clean channel. Mine was the very early EL34 amp.

I needed a 1/2 stack like a hole in the head for 150/300 seat clubs, but hey, it looked cool.

Have you ever thought about getting a Silvertone 1485? Not just because Jack White plays one. Because they're freakin sweet.

I can't find em anywhere! And I will look up the JTM Murph, I swear.

I wish someone made an amp with a Fender clean channel, a Marshall dirty channel, and an Orange Distortion channel in one amp, 30 watts. I would buy it in an instant!

I wish someone made an amp with a Fender clean channel' date=' a Marshall dirty channel, and an Orange Distortion channel in one amp, 30 watts. I would buy it in an instant![/quote']

Mesa Transatlantic.

Have you ever thought about getting a Silvertone 1485? Not just because Jack White plays one. Because they're freakin sweet.

Good luck on that one. 1485s are *very* rare, especially with the matching 6x10 cab. I have a 1484 with matching cab (matching 2x12 cabs are rare too). I do see the heads around from time to time.

Nathan (Fred61) - If you are interested in a Silvertone, take a look at Midwest Buy & Sell on Irving Park just West of Austin. That cat gets them in from time to time. Also has a good selection of used amps that won't break your bank. He sold me the cab for my 1484, splitting a matching set. Now that's service.

Good luck on that one. 1485s are *very* rare' date=' especially with the matching 6x10 cab. I have a 1484 with matching cab (matching 2x12 cabs are rare too). I do see the heads around from time to time.

Nathan (Fred61) - If you are interested in a Silvertone, take a look at Midwest Buy & Sell on Irving Park just West of Austin. That cat gets them in from time to time. Also has a good selection of used amps that won't break your bank. He sold me the cab for my 1484, splitting a matching set. Now that's service.[/quote']

Yeah, I've been there. Last time I went, they had a 6122 JR that was GODLY! If I only had the 1200... I'm thinking of taking a trip up to Chicago Music Exchange and try some stuff out. All this talk of new amps, has me gravitating more back to my current Sunn, and maybe getting a Blackstar Venue Series 20 watt combo for smaller stuff. It seems pretty similar to the Sunn but with higher gain, not really sure. Gotta play one first

Archived