Gibson Brands Forums

Which Color/Finish???

Gibson4life

OK so this weekend I'm buying a Billie Joe Armstrong Les Paul Junior and I need to decide what color I'm going to buy. I'm stuck between the Alpine White and The Vintage sunburst. One if the only advantage's for the White would be that it comes with a Ebony fretboard. Which would you prefer?

[confused]

• 6 months later...

vs advantages: bja model is a very good version of a vintage lp junior and a quality reproduction. should be close to the real deal, and looks like it too. may actually be better built. just can't go wrong there.

alpine white disadvantages: no lp junior aver came with a alpine white finish, nor an ebony fretboard. not a reproduction of anything.

alpine white advantages: no lp junior ever came in an alpine white finish or an ebony fretboard.

disadvantage, both: h-90 hums like a p-90 and more so in extra boost mode. guitar only has one pup. not very versitlie for a high class axe.

advantage both: h-90 has boost that is easily accessed at the guitar, and sounds like a p-90. can be completely rewired to vintage spec at half the cost, or could be rewired out of phase for a t-bone type deal.

coolness factor: extremely high. being stripped of all options and sounds to one pickup and spending big dough on an axe for that shows extreme balls and soul. removal of extra hardware/trim serves to remove any perception of deficiency of confidence, soulfulness, or hipness.

*probability of correct choice between models: 100%

*disclaimer: while this is only an opinion, all facts stated above are factual and correct. individual results may vary. if you have an erection for more than 4 hours, call a doctor. side effects may include, but are not limited to, more effects, less effects, tube wear, speaker wear, new speakers, old speakers, amplification acqisitions, hearing loss, attraction of the opposite sex, relationship issues, improved relationships, phycological changes (though no risk of depression). inflated egos have been reported in a majority of cases. this can become serious if not treated. check local niose ordinances.

If you don’t have a sunburst go for that color.

If you already have a white guitar, don’t pick white.

I like the white/black color.

It’s different and a very “formal” combination.

An Ebony fret-bd is something I don’t have in any of my guitars.

Supposedly Ebony will make the guitar sound crisper?

I don't know, just something I’ve read.

Archived