Gibson Brands Forums

Les Paul mods...

Silenced Fred

[biggrin]

But in all seriousness, I have heard about the kits to install them so I don't have to drill up my Les Paul should I want to bring it back to stock. Also, how much of a difference is there between the Bigsby Licensed and Bigsby tremolos?

I'm trying to ask very basic questions so I get total answers. Thank you Axe®

If you want to use the Vibramate plate, it will only work with the Bigsby not the licensed ones....unless they have added one for the licensed ones........I think the B7 is made in the US but the B70 and B700 are made elsewhere.....

Try PAF replicas

If you want to use the Vibramate plate' date=' it will only work with the Bigsby not the licensed ones....unless they have added one for the licensed ones........I think the B7 is made in the US but the B70 and B700 are made elsewhere..... Try PAF replicas[/quote']

+1

Vibramate and the B7.

If you want to use the Vibramate plate' date=' it will only work with the Bigsby not the licensed ones....unless they have added one for the licensed ones........I think the B7 is made in the US but the B70 and B700 are made elsewhere..... Try PAF replicas[/quote']

+1

Vibramate and the B7.

Okay... Any suggestions on Pickups? Smoother' date=' but can get crunchy bridge, hotter, trebly neck?

I'm thinking a Phat Cat for the neck, and maybe an Alnico Pro II for bridge, or maybe a Power'Tron...[/quote']

Have you checked out Sheptone pickups? I put some in mine Les Paul and it KILLS!!! Best sounding guitar around- That's from anyone that has played it! (Sheptone.Com)

Okay... Any suggestions on Pickups? Smoother' date=' but can get crunchy bridge, hotter, trebly neck?

I'm thinking a Phat Cat for the neck, and maybe an Alnico Pro II for bridge, or maybe a Power'Tron...[/quote']

how about these pups? i think they fit well with the LP sound your after...

381625607571d70682e7.jpg

Why would you want to change your pickups anyways? I know how it is but when I buy a guitar' date=' it is something I look at right away. Don't want to be swapping out stuff all the time,that gets pricey. Just my opinion [/quote']

also surely you bought the guitar because of the tone/sound? [biggrin]

also surely you bought the guitar because of the tone/sound? [biggrin]

I love the pickups, very versatile. But... now I have an idea and a distinct sound I want, so I think I'm going to swap out the neck pup for now, then see how it goes from there, I might go with more of a 59 PAF sound in the bridge, but not sure. I usually have the volume on 5 for rhythm playing, lower if I need it cleaner. I do want a P90 though. And a bigsby

I love the pickups' date=' very versatile. But... now I have an idea and a distinct sound I want, so I think I'm going to swap out the neck pup for now, then see how it goes from there, I might go with more of a 59 PAF sound in the bridge, but not sure. I usually have the volume on 5 for rhythm playing, lower if I need it cleaner. I do want a P90 though. And a bigsby[/quote']

See this is the problem with guitar players, always chasing "that sound"lol.......

I would really recommend either some bad boys lol or some good old 57's.....I still think you should look at the amp first and go from there...maybe all you need is to tweak the amp a bit or get a new one...

Guest BentonC

I personally like the Burstbucker Pros. They have been extremely versatile in my opinion; able to go from warm and mellow, to bright and punchy.

Try a LP Standard '08- not the same guitar as yours, but you might get a decent idea of how the pickups respond at least...

I personally like the Burstbucker Pros. They have been extremely versatile in my opinion; able to go from warm and mellow' date=' to bright and punchy.

Try a LP Standard '08- not the same guitar as yours, but you might get a decent idea of how the pickups respond at least...[/quote']

+1 on the BB Pros...

They sound like this

y8XXr.jpg

See this is the problem with guitar players' date=' always chasing "that sound"lol.......

I would really recommend either some bad boys lol or some good old 57's.....I still think you should look at the amp first and go from there...maybe all you need is to tweak the amp a bit or get a new one...

It's not really "that sound" I have found my sound I believe. I love P90s, and I am fairly happy with the pickups in mine, but I feel it needs something. My solos aren't anything spectacular, I just like the sound White has. It isn't a recreation, its more of like a tribute. I have my playing style, but I take stuff from people. My amp is fine, I like the sounds I get, I just want something different.

Archived