Gibson Brands Forums

ZZ Top

Silenced Fred

For the record' date=' its their, not there [biggrin']

Actually Fred it's they're, the contraction of "they" and "are". As in "they are more famous for the beards". But just to be sure I've pm'd lashurst our resident linguist for an official ruling.

And let's give Steve a pass. He's still smarting from the testicle removal surgery to finance his Gary Moore Signature Les Paul dreams. He may even still be woozy from the drugs. [cool]

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess it's OK not to be a fan, but, assuming he's never been to Texas, maybe steve needs to spend a little time in Texas, then he might have a different appreciation of ZZ Top.

In Texas, ZZ Top rules (and, of course, Bob Wills is still the King).

ZZ Top... For me, they are probably the best Live act I've heard, in terms of pure music. Also Billy Gibbons is my favorite slide guitar player. And come on... the beards are awesome!!! I wonder what'll happen to his massive collectin of guitars when he passes... The world will become a lesser place on that day. Same with the other members.

Sorry guys' date=' I hate ZZ Top...can't stand them however I do respect them as musicians. They are good at what they do but I just have to turn the radio off when they are on...[/quote']

+1

and i can't believe someone would think that gibbons is a better player than sir gary moore...NO WAY IN HELL!!!!:-$

Yeah thank you for catching the humour. But seriously' date=' can any guitarist go without being compared to Gary Moore or Steve vai? Just asking[/quote']

fred all jokes aside, did you listen to gary playing in gibbons style? what did you think?

fred all jokes aside' date=' did you listen to gary playing in gibbons style? what did you think?[/quote']

Just listened to it. It was alright, no way would I say he is better than billy himself. I just don't feel his music that much... its probably me. That, and he looks like John C. Reilly [bored]

here is gary doing a bit of billy gibbons and SRV he sounds better than billy himself :-#

starts at 3:25

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

Well... you're a dreamer, don't let anyone take that away from you. :-# GM basically overplays. And can't stay out of the SRV. Then there's the mullets...

Archived