Gibson Brands Forums

Man, I've sold a lot of guitars

Tim Plains

Also that Strats color (Senia I think) has got to be one of the best looking colors on a Strat in a very long time.

I agree. I think it's Sienna Sunburst. I'm not sure. Anyways my dad has one and it looks awesome. His Strat also has really nice grain. Really cool finish. I wish it was just a little darker right around the edges but I'm not complaining.

• 2 weeks later...
I remember when you posted that wonderful double cutaway PRS with the 5 way and 3 way selectors; I also remember you gave it great reviews when you got it. What happened?

The guitar I'm getting is a hair under five figures; that's what happened. 513's a great guitar...and yes, the Strat is Sienna. My favourite finish for a Strat but I just couldn't bond with the neck.

I could NEVER part with any of my Gibson Les Pauls, SG Standard, or my Fender '52 AVRI.

Never ever unless I absolutely needed the money.

I could see how it's kinda cool to buy a guitar and play it for a while then sell it off to get something else. Not a bad way to go really.

But as for me....... once a guitar arrives at my house, it never leaves!

One time I sold an Epiphone Black Beauty which I loved. I miss that guitar so bad! I wish I'd never sold it.

I don't regret selling my Gibson "copies" for a loss to get original Gibbies! I've worked hard to have my 6 Gibson's and I'm fortunate to have them. I hope I'll never have to sell one, unless, to possibly upgrade to another Gibson.[biggrin] I do regret selling a few Rickenbacker basses; especially the limited edition Chris Squire.[laugh]

Archived