Gibson Brands Forums

Killer Les Paul tone (youtube vid)

Tim Plains

The kid was making due with what he has and played fine even if his tone wasn't the hottest. Not everyone has parents who can/will buy them a bunch of expensive Gibson guitars and Marshall amps.

Why the need to share everything on YouTube these days? Because it's there?

I just don't get it. Perhaps its a generation gap thing.

Well nothing wrong with the kids technique.. Maybe he just can't afford better equipments.

why would he bother? With his crappy amp and mediocre playing he got us looking at his video and talking about him...

since the comming of youtube myspace and such things, seems like being a guitar player (or anything for that matter) has more to do with how many people know you play (however you do it) than how good you are at actually playing.

now players are measured by how many myspace or facebook contacts and comments they have and how many crappy videos they post on youtube, regardless of them sucking big time... and on the other hand you see very good players that dont know sh¡t about making videos (but are great players) that get comments like "you suck, get a better camera" or "your hairstyle sucks, you suck, you look like you havent bathed in a month" and such...

it is a shame what the world has come to...

more like bad tone

sounded like when i play my dan electro with a violen bow...........

except with the wrong side of it](*' date=') [/quote']

The kid was making due with what he has and played fine even if his tone wasn't the hottest. Not everyone has parents who can/will buy them a bunch of expensive Gibson guitars and Marshall amps.
i never sounded that bad

even my jay turser setup sounded better then that HA!

What was that "whooshing" sound?

HA! Here's one for all the Slash fans O:)

im sure hes seen a better day...

i know this is off topic but most people blame that bands breakup on axl... now that scott weiland is out of velvet revolver he says he doesnt think axl was tio blame for everything... looking at this kind of video of slash wanking i think i can see where the problems came from... bunch of junkies this guys were (are?)... you cant expect anything good from them (hope im not offending any junkies lurking in the forum! =D> )

why would he bother? With his crappy amp and mediocre playing he got us looking at his video and talking about him...

since the comming of youtube myspace and such things' date=' seems like being a guitar player (or anything for that matter) has more to do with how many people know you play (however you do it) than how good you are at actually playing.

now players are measured by how many myspace or facebook contacts and comments they have and how many crappy videos they post on youtube, regardless of them sucking big time... and on the other hand you see very good players that dont know sh¡t about making videos (but are great players) that get comments like "you suck, get a better camera" or "your hairstyle sucks, you suck, you look like you havent bathed in a month" and such...

it is a shame what the world has come to... [/quote']

Ahh, boys and girls that's exactly the point. Do you really think that talent counts in the world of "reality television" where we have the delights of the intelligent and thought-provoking people in the Big Brother house or shipwrecked island types? Don't forget the quality music foisted on us by the Colgate-smiling fashion models on Idols.

In the world of the 2 minute hamburger the quick fix is king. Why pay your dues and refine your skills playing dives and small venues when with a click of a shutter, a flash of knickers, a flash car & clothes, and a Simon Cowell endorsement you can be the next best thing. Just how many of the legends we admire would be famous or even get airplay if they started their careers today?

The trend is to be famous or rich, how you do is irrelevant. If that makes me old-fashioned in my thinking then in the wonderful words of Walter "I don't give a damn".

very wise!

i think less than half our heros would be legends if they started today, as more than half are f-ugly... really hehehehe and today theres no place for uglies on tv or youtube... (unless they need a kickass ugly scary mo-fo to play captain sparrow´s dad on part 3! (not known for using pauls but you got to accept he is one of the baddest out there)) what a shame.

very wise!

i think less than half our heros would be legends if they started today' date=' as more than half are f-ugly... really hehehehe and today theres no place for uglies on tv or youtube... (unless they need a kickass ugly scary mo-fo to play captain sparrow´s dad on part 3! (not known for using pauls but you got to accept he is one of the baddest out there)) what a shame.[/quote']

There was a brief time in the early 90's grunge scene when it seemed like good looks actually worked against an artist, but then again so did having chops. Remember all those guys pretending they couldn't play lead guitar, so that they would be taken seriously and have "street cred"?

yes i remember those days... i think the 90s are the worst days on music history... and everything happening today you can blame on the 90s...

not that its entirely his fault but damn kurt cobain... do you think if he had known what he was unleashing he would have dressed like he did and played like he did?

Archived