Gibson Brands Forums

Tick tock.....

ksdaddy

I've been a mod here for a year and a half. I may not be a small town cop or moral gatekeeper; maybe I'm doing my job right, maybe I'm not. I'm still here, that should say something.

Being a mod is something I enjoy doing and I happily took on the responsibility. Obviously I'm not a Gibson employee, I don't carry any weight with them whatsoever. However I am more than a little upset that I was not asked to be a part of the 'new' forum. To me, that's a slap in the face for a year and a half of volunteer work.

My great grandmother had a saying, "Might as well be an idle fool as a busy one". It's making more sense every day.

I hear you, I don't go on the other site. They declined my acceptance, I used a different login, email, and they accepted me. I went on, and its people *****ing about the price of Gibsons, suggesting they get made off shores to lower the price, asking for a free LP, etc. It's BS really. Glad to have you here bud [blink]

Scott, please don't take any of this personally. MY grandmother used to say "you'd stop worrying about what others think about you if you knew how seldom they really do!" The point of that statement is that there could be a whole host of reasons why there's a different mod over there, and all of those reason completely unrelated to you or the great work you do here. Don't sweat the small stuff. Do you really WANT to take on another forum?

That's gratitude right there for you Scott! I'd tell em to shove it where the Sun don't shine.... People have obviously been picked from MLP because of their HIGH post count.... Which seems to mean EVERYTHING over there!....

Regards!

I hear you' date=' I don't go on the other site. They declined my acceptance, I used a different login, email, and they accepted me. I went on, and its people *****ing about the price of Gibsons, suggesting they get made off shores to lower the price, asking for a free LP, etc. It's BS really. Glad to have you here bud [cool']

That wouldn't be a problem if he were moderating it.

KS - they can't afford you. They can't afford to loose you here. We can't afford to loose you or Duane....LOL. I have been a mod/admin more than I care to say. You have to ask yourself...Do I really want that can of worms with the new forum...but yes, professional courtesy in an offer would have been expected. Then you could say...thanks but no thanks. Great topic for the new forum... but then I have to ask myself... Do I really want that can of worms...so I will pass on that. We have others besides me that love to stir the pot... but you already know that.

I can understand how you feel. I've been over looked with similar situations and it does sort of stink. The best thing to do is to forget about it; it's not that big of a deal in the bigger scheme of things.

There are a lot of more important things in life which have greater value - faith, family, and friends. I know forum begins with a "f" but don't add that one in please.

Archived