Gibson Brands Forums

Problem A string

Sbrax

Hi guys,

I'm an italian Les Paul robot owner.

I just changed the string for the first time following every detail described on the manual. But I got a problem: my A string doesn't tune in automatic. The "A" LED flashes yellow, so it should be a short cicruit, but the strings don't touch each other, the same with the bridge.

All the other strings work well and tune themselves.

And here's another little problem: following what's written on the manual, while I was changin' strings, once I "told" them to "tune" pressing for three seconds on the MCK that had the circular arrow lightin' green, the strings started to tune but stopped it for a while. So I pressed again the MCK for 3 seconds, but the high E string extended itself so much that broke up. Also the other string were tuned upper than normal, so I directly did the Normal Tuning practice. What's the problem with that?

I'm sorry for my english. Thanks in advance to everyone who wants to answer me!

Francesco

Sbrax,

- You must not push too many times on the MCK for string up,the RoboHeads will break the strings.

Best is to push twice on the MCK and then change to standard tuning and strum all strings.

- The Yellow A-LED does NOT indicate that there is a short circuit!!

Flashing Yellow means that the frequency has already been measured and the motor command is sent up to the respective tuner! If it wont auto tune, check its case alignment to the headstock and electronic box. Maybe it twisted a little bit causing contacting issues. Do the following, please:

Activate the auto tuning and strum the A string. Observe the MCK, the A LED should flash Red, then yellow, at that point the tuner should turn roboticaly. If it wont turn, repeat and try to twist the A tuners case with your fingers when the A LED is flashing Yellow. If you are able to twist it a bit, then it should start turning on its "sweet spot". Keep that position and screw tight the hex nut at 1.5 - 1.8 NM.

Tronical

You play. We tune.

Hi,

thank you for you help, first of all.

Then, I'm not sure of what you mean saying "case". Can you tell me what you meant with tuner's "case" with more words?Sorry for my disturb, I can't understand all the "technical" words in english.

By the way, the A LED firstly flashes red, then turns into yellow ut sometimes it's even violet!What does it mean?

Thank you again.

Sbrax,

- with "tuners case" I mean the housing, the "body" of the tuner, if it rotates a little bit due to loose hex nut it could cause problems.

-Red flashing firstly when you strum indicates that the frequency is being measured, all is fine with your bridge and the piezo pick up.

- Flashing Yellow means the command data for the tuning direction (up or down) is being sent to the RoboHead, at this point it should turn.

- Flashing violet means "frequency out of range". If this is happening declutch the key of the Robohead by pulling it up and away from its housing and turn on the key manually until its in range. Afterwards push it down to engage motorized tuning.

Tronical

You play. We tune.

Hi,

Ok, thank you. So that's the whole"body", the cube with the hex nut and all the "silver" stuff, to understand each other. If so, it doesn't move!

And now the A LED doesn't flash anymore when I strum the string, it's only yellow flashing. It isn't violet anymore though, cause I kinda "tuned" it manually.

OK, at least its in tuning range now, but its still not moving?

You have to check the String ends, they must not touch each other.

Also check the saddles on the bridge, the strings must be in the center of the string bars.

Retry and report your findings, please.

Tronical

You play. We tune.

Hi,

yesterday the tuner was still not moving. But, in a kinda "magic" way, this morning it begin to work well again.

I don't know which problem there could have been, cause the string didn't touch each other and were in the center of the sting bars (I also tried to move them, wondering if the problem could have been there).

Anyway, now it works fine, no problem!

Thank you for your fast answers. If there'll be any problem in the future, can I contact you?

Francesco

Archived