Gibson Brands Forums

Post pictures of your SGs!

Dub-T-123

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome to the forum Silverburst11. Nice SG!

I love the flamed necks and the blue finish is sweet. Weren't those exclusively at that Nashville sale thing?

Welcome to the forum to you too olioli. Nice SG. It looks so pristene. Mine is kinda beat up now. Aren't you on ETSG too?

That's awesome olioli. I'm sure you won't be let down. Even though I've played my SG cranked up a million times through a bunch of different amps, it always surprises me with how good it sounds. I recently got a Tele and I just spent a couple hours playing it through my ac30 cranked up. I'm pretty pleased [bored]

Silverburst, I was going to ask you what pickups are in it. Are they Burstbucker Pros? I remember those were very fairly priced for how nice and unique they are. Gibson could have easily made a limited run of those and charged double the price.

I have a Burstbucker 3 and a 490r in my SG so it's a nice combo of the different tones. They're a great match.

That's awesome olioli. I'm sure you won't be let down. Even though I've played my SG cranked up a million times through a bunch of different amps' date=' it always surprises me with how good it sounds. I recently got a Tele and I just spent a couple hours playing it through my ac30 cranked up. I'm pretty pleased :-k

Silverburst, I was going to ask you what pickups are in it. Are they Burstbucker Pros? I remember those were very fairly priced for how nice and unique they are. Gibson could have easily made a limited run of those and charged double the price.

I have a Burstbucker 3 and a 490r in my SG so it's a nice combo of the different tones. They're a great match.[/quote']

That one does have Burstbucker Pros. It was priced right too... a couple of hundred less than the "normal" SG Standards. I love the non-production color SGs:

HPIM0576.jpg

It will be interesting to see that silverburst SG when it ages. Silverburst ages in a cool way.

I'd have to say just based on looks, if I had to pick one I'd pick the blue one.

Of course if I was picking one it would come down to feel and tone.

really like white and blue !!! do you repainted or buy as custom model ?

Actually, I didn't do either. The white one came from a 2005 batch available @ Music123. It's Classic White, although it doesn't show that way in the picture. The blue one came from the Gibson Customer Sale last summer. The Silverburst was from the 2007 GOTW program.

Actually' date=' I didn't do either. The white one came from a 2005 batch available @ Music123. It's Classic White, although it doesn't show that way in the picture. The blue one came from the Gibson Customer Sale last summer. The Silverburst was from the 2007 GOTW program.[/quote']

Do they have names? because I'd name the one on the right Bluetiful.

Nice SGs...I forgot all about that SGI but it looks great!

What are the specs and how does it sound?

Well I like this guitar a bit. I picked it up as a second SG to use live so when I switch guitars I don't have too much of a culture shock' date=' like going from an SG to an LP. But I've ended up using it for recording quite a bit, because it sounds so good.

The specs are pretty much the same as most SG's Mahogany body & neck, rosewood board. The differences are the pickup, obviously there is only one and it is a 500T instead of a 498 like on the standards. It also has twenty four frets, but still retains a standard Gibson 24&3/4 inch scale. It also has one volume one tone and a coil taping switch. Now I'm not one for coil taps but this particular guitar seems to sing in the 'single coil' position. The tuners are also a Schaller style. I'm not sure if they are Schaller or just Gibson copies but they work very well.

[img']http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa291/nickbeach3/Gibson%20SG-I/Picture033.jpg[/img]

I never get tired of seeing that Standard Shred Bringer! The grain on it is so cool! I just noticed something I've never noticed before though.. Is that a second piece of wood over by the pots?

Yupp. One of the many things about the guitar that I think Gibson 'did wrong' but all those things make it mine' date=' and I love it more than any other guitar I own, it's the one that's here for the long haul. You can see the two pieces better in this one...

[img']http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa291/nickbeach3/Gibson%20SG%20Standard/IMG00151-20091121-1216.jpg[/img]

I also took this pic the day I got it, and you can really see the wood grain in this one...

newproject013.jpg

Well I like this guitar a bit. I picked it up as a second SG to use live so when I switch guitars I don't have too much of a culture shock' date=' like going from an SG to an LP. But I've ended up using it for recording quite a bit, because it sounds so good.

The specs are pretty much the same as most SG's Mahogany body & neck, rosewood board. The differences are the pickup, obviously there is only one and it is a 500T instead of a 498 like on the standards. It also has twenty four frets, but still retains a standard Gibson 24&3/4 inch scale. It also has one volume one tone and a coil taping switch. Now I'm not one for coil taps but this particular guitar seems to sing in the 'single coil' position. The tuners are also a Schaller style. I'm not sure if they are Schaller or just Gibson copies but they work very well.

[img']http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa291/nickbeach3/Gibson%20SG-I/Picture033.jpg[/img]

Yupp. One of the many things about the guitar that I think Gibson 'did wrong' but all those things make it mine, and I love it more than any other guitar I own, it's the one that's here for the long haul. You can see the two pieces better in this one...

IMG00151-20091121-1216.jpg

I also took this pic the day I got it, and you can really see the wood grain in this one...

newproject013.jpg

That SG is damn SEXY!!!!! :- :) [cool]

Yupp. One of the many things about the guitar that I think Gibson 'did wrong' but all those things make it mine' date=' and I love it more than any other guitar I own, it's the one that's here for the long haul. [/quote']

What else do you think Gibson did wrong? I only wish the horns tapered off at the end and the red was a bit darker on mine. The red on mine is actually really nice IMO. I'm not really complaining. As far as the neck and tone, I couldn't be happier.

I love my SG! I'll keep it forever. It's by far my favorite.

Archived