Gibson Brands Forums

Grateful Dawg.......

Murph

Just watched this on the Indie channel (dish network). Actually I DVR'd it, it was on Friday night maybe.

I met Jerry back in the mid/late '70's. He played my '61 Melody Maker.

Weird to find this now that I'm leaning more towards roots/acoustic/bluegrass stuff. It's a great show if you get a chance.

I need to remember how to change my Avatar.......

[biggrin]

I met Jerry back in the mid/late '70's. He played my '61 Melody Maker.

very cool[cool]

I really like Garcia/Grisman, and then add in Tony Rice..... and you have

the " Pizza tapes " highly recommended....

along with " shady grove " ..... , which is just Garcia/Grisman

I definitely liked the Grisman stuff better than the Dead.

Funny thing - no matter how hard I tried, I could not get into the Dead in the 1960s although I did like the Workingman's Dead LP. I think it was just too much mindless noodlin' for my I would rather be listening to Mississippi Fred McDowell and streamlined Chuck Berry-esque taste in rock 'n' roll. But I spent alot of evenings at the Fillmore East and other places trying to get into them because I was convinced there must have been something I was missing.

I almost met Garcia once. I had gone out to visit a friend who worked for Bob and Betty Matthews and they told me hed had just left the place before I got there.

Funny thing - no matter how hard I tried' date=' I could not get into the Dead

[/quote']

I didn't get it either. When I met him I knew I could outplay him at the time, and I was about 20.

I didn't learn to appreciate the mindless noodlin' until the last few years actually. But, like you, I really like the acoustic/bluegrass/roots stuff better.

Funny thing, TIME......

I didn't get it either. When I met him I knew I could outplay him at the time' date=' and I was about 20.

I didn't learn to appreciate the mindless noodlin' until the last few years actually. But, like you, I really like the acoustic/bluegrass/roots stuff better.

Funny thing, TIME......

[/quote']

Yep Murph..... we all have a "Touch of Grey" now don't we! [biggrin]

I played RockyGrass in Colorado last weekend. Saw Sam Bush' date=' Bobby Osborne and David Grisman standing backstage telling stories. Wish I'd had a camera. That's like 75% of the Mandolin Mt. Rushmore!

Amen to that !!!

Archived