Gibson Brands Forums

Keeping your skills honed

Silverbursted

Here it is Memorial Day weekend, many of us will be heading for the lakes, beaches, mountains or the backyard for some well deserved family and friends time. Just as a reminder, Memorial Day is celebrated in the US on the last Monday of May. The day was formerly known as Decoration Day to commemorate our fallen men and women who perished during military service to our country.

I would like to extend a heartfelt THANKS to all that are currently serving. As a 20 year Army veteran (retired 2006), I know what it is like to be deployed, experiencing combat operations (shooting and not) in Honduras/Nicaragua in 1988, Panama in 1989/90, Desert Shield/Storm 1990/91, Bosnia in 1995/96, and Iraq in 2003.

I would like to see pics of our brave service men and women, who may be fortunate enough to have a guitar with them and keeping their guitar skills honed.

So while we are enjoying the weekend, tip one (or two or three) back in their honor. And make sure to say it out loud, trust me they will appreciate it.

My hat's off to-ya, Silverbursted. You seem to be one of the lucky that made it out, out unharmed. God bless and I hope that big pill they made every-one take, well I hope that they someday will recognize that It or what asshole was spraying/releasing out-there did cause harm and start paying benifits that are due to some when they made-it back still in one peice but not hole and having problems.

My hats off to all of you guys "over there" now, and formerly, if it weren't for guys like you, I'd probably be speaking either German, or Japanese, or some kinda weird islamic dialect, so, once again, HATS OFF TO YA!!!!!

Thanks all for your comments. We live in a great country, with a kick *** armed forces. Next time you see a Soldier, Sailor, Airman or Marine (you can usually pick them out of a crowd because of the hair cut) and shake their hand. Proudest moment I've ever experienced was when an elderly women came up to me in a mall just to say thanks. Turned out she has been a widow since June 6, 1944.

Archived