Gibson Brands Forums

Here's one for ya...

RB72

So I go to play my guitar and somehow, someway, my toggle switch has flipped. The down position is now the neck pickup, and the up position is now the bridge pickup. Does not feel loose and has not turned a far as I know. Very weird. Am I just crazy?

The plastic plate was always a little crooked but nothing major. So we're thinking the entire part has turned inside? Only explanation I guess. As far as I know Central Texas isn't known for it's reversal of polarity's. Could it be the wires reacting to the burg?(Sorry, but that still makes me laugh)

Guest BentonC

Yup- the only thing I can think is that the switch rotated- this would definitely make the controls opposite.

Otherwise it would seem that the contact swapped positions, which I've never run into before...

Can you rotate it easily? If you can I'm sure that's the problem.

If so, I would take the back cover off to see if it has rotated. I wouldn't want to just blindly rotate it back around because you may get the wires all twisted up. Then you should tighten it up so it won't rotate again.

Yeah I'm going to pull off the bacl plate and see what's up. It was the weirdest thing wjen I flipped it and got no sound. I never use the neck pickup so you can understand how confused I was. Thanks for the suggestions.

Archived