Gibson Brands Forums

The Gibson SG Yearbook game!

blambo1223

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
verly early 1971 Gibson SG 200 (no contour carvings around the body)

010-43.jpg

011-35.jpg

1967 SG MM (not completely original)

002-112.jpg

001-110.jpg

2008 Gibson SG Faded (upgraded with a Bigsby en old LP pickups and vintage volume-tone knobs

015-12.jpg

1988 SG 90 Double

001-70.jpg

002-72.jpg

No damnit you ruined it, I said STANDARDS ONLY...

Ok... start all over people because of this dude... who randomly posted his guitars with dates that arent even in order....

Just kidding, but please, I asked for standards and dates in order, Not for people to brag about a Faded sg with a bigsby tailpiece (Sarcasm)

Thanks Twiz and Blambo.

This guitar is a nice piece of mahogany. Very beautiful and I'm pretty sure it's a one piece body.

I remember when I bought it in early 1973, I would have preferred a dark red one (a la Santana) but I got it for a fairly low price at the time and I was really excited just to own a Gibson SG Standard...the color was then less important.

I'm 55 and bought it when I was 17!

It has a great sentimental value, even if it's a Norlin guitar!

Mario Delorme

Montreal, Canada

Thanks Twiz and Blambo.

This guitar is a nice piece of mahogany. Very beautiful and I'm pretty sure it's a one piece body.

I remember when I bought it in early 1973' date=' I would have preferred a dark red one (a la Santana) but I got it for a fairly low price at the time and I was really excited just to own a Gibson SG Standard...the color was then less important.

I'm 55 and bought it when I was 17!

It has a great sentimental value, even if it's a Norlin guitar!

Mario Delorme

Montreal, Canada

[/quote']

How much was that sexy beast

It was some 5 months used when I bought it from someone who was leaving town. $200.00 + my Mansfield acoustic guitar (Gibson copy)

I saw a 1972 Gibson SG on ebay.

I would've traded the dude a case, squier telecaster thinline and 800$ for it.

Poor bastard wanted 1,000 for it and said that he could get my case and telecaster for 100$ each.

Which would still lead up to 1,000....

I cried of coarse, since I wasn't able to hold that sexy guitar...

WHY GOD.... WHHYYYYYY

Well if you look at the picks here the 74 and 75 has deep bevels. And it start to get less deeper bevels from 76. But if you look at the pick of the 71 it got very small bevels, kinda like my angus sg. On gibson .com it says angus sig is a 68, but this guy solodallas on youtube i think i remember says it's a 70 model. But i think i choose to believe Gibson , i guess they had a expert looking on the original angus sig and stated what year it was. So you had small bevels on the standard back in the late 60Th. I think there's big variation on how the bevels are even in the same year on a standard back then.

gibson sg standard 1981gibson1b.jpg

Archived