Gibson Brands Forums

Photoshop experts?

Gilliangirl

Yeah' date=' too small to blow up that large.[/quote']

Rats. I thought it would be nice to have a picture of Jeff and that guitar hanging on the wall of my music room, but all the commercial posters that are for sale are just Jeff sans guitar <sigh>

I'll keep looking I guess.

I also found this image for you' date=' but it's still not a poster-sized resolution.

Commercial printing is at least 300dpi, usually more... at that rate, the image I linked would only be about three inches wide.[/quote']

Holy smoke, that's gorgeous! I just printed it out and half the image took up an 81/2 X 11 inch page. So I wonder if I can send that to a printer and have them do it up on 16 X 20 or thereabouts?

Holy smoke' date=' that's gorgeous! I just printed it out and half the image took up an 81/2 X 11 inch page. So I wonder if I can send that to a printer and have them do it up on 16 X 20 or thereabouts?[/quote']

They could do it, but it won't be perfect poster quality... but it shouldn't be too bad. It would be 64dpi, and you probably printed at 72dpi... so it would be pretty close.

You going to hang that on the wall' date=' at the back of your stage in your music room with yourself strategically placed in front of the dark area to his right?

[/quote']

Tommy, that's a fabulous idea! It wouldn't be the first time I've sung with a celebrity.... in fact, here's a picture of me singing with Hal Ketchum ;-) :-k (photography courtesy of my friend Roxanne)

KarenHal.jpg

Haven' date='t been keeping up lately, I guess,but.....Who is Jeff??.... I know who Hal Ketchum is...and like his music.[/quote']

Retro, where have you been hiding? I haven't seen you in a long time it seems. Jeff in the picture is Jeff Bridges, who was in the movie Crazy Heart. If you haven't seen it yet you might want to. Stellar performance by Jeff Bridges, nice guitars, good music, gut-wrenching story with a happy ending.

Retro' date=' where have you been hiding? I haven't seen you in a long time it seems. Jeff in the picture is Jeff Bridges, who was in the movie Crazy Heart. If you haven't seen it yet you might want to. Stellar performance by Jeff Bridges, nice guitars, good music, gut-wrenching story with a happy ending.[/quote']

Hey GGirl! Thanks for the shoutout. Not hiding...just very busy this time of year and have been involved in a lot of 'seasonal' things. Every thing is well. Seems like I am more active on forums and Ebay in the winter (when I don,t want to be outside in the dark). Happy to see that you are still an active forumite (;-). My work territory is on the Outer Banks of North Carolina where we play hosts to many of your Canadian wind surfer type people as well as millions of other vacationers. They like wine....AND wine is my business. I still manage to play some Gibsons at least once a week. I ,however, have went to the 'dark side' lately in restoring and playing a Les Paul Standard......Can I say that on the acoustic forum??

Thanks for clarifying Crazy Heart. I really do want to see it. I started to rent it from Red Box a couple times but they were out. I like Jeff Bridges, in that part, from what excerpts I have seen. I had no idea that you were close and personal with Hal Ketchum....I'm impressed....Retro

And OH Yeah....Like your avatar.....Great birds shot!

Archived