Gibson Brands Forums

What is wrong with kids these days?

Silenced Fred

That's because you were too busy ogling the panties. :-

Kidding aside' date=' Victoria's Secret carries lots of stuff that isn't lingerie including less racy undergarments, various skin lotions and whatever else they think they can sell. Many teens are into brand name items and Victoria's Secret is a popular brand.[/quote']

I don't really know why everyone focused on the Victoria's Secret comment [drool]

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My girlfriend (who is not 16) shops at Victoria's Secret - apparently it's like the Gibson of ladies' underwear. It's not always about being sexy. My sister (who is 16) does also' date=' according to the shopping bags I see her with.[/quote']

Just to double this point. Victoria's Secret isn't all naughty lingerie. In fact it is mostly common, everyday panties, bras, sleepwear, lotions, perfumes, and those scented bags your girl puts in her underwear drawer. Nothing wrong with that. I actually prefer the feel of soft cotton panties. And before you start calling me J Edgar Hoover, I mean on my wife.

I don't really know why everyone focused on the Victoria's Secret comment [drool]

Well, you said you were at the mall and saw young girls walking into Victoria's Secret which is what seems to have caused you to start thinking about all this.

Edit: And 'cause Victoria's Secret has great catalogs.

I find it crazy how young kids are having sex these days. I'm only 27' date=' and growing up 8th grade seemed to be at the young end of the spectrum. My girlfriend is a teacher at a school here in Florida, and they caught 2 5th graders having "sex" (or whatever 5th graders consider sex?) on the staircase at school. That's the type of stuff that scares me. Or just some of the knowledge (not the good kind) kids have at such a young age now.

Another story from my GF, a teacher at her school had a glass apple on her desk, and kid in 3rd grade walked up and said "I can make a sweet bowl outta this" (and not the kind you eat out of). Really, a freakin 3rd grader.

15 year old girls shopping at Victoria Secrets should be the least of your worries, especially at 18.[/quote']

The local junior high is having problems with kids, and have almost outright banned girls from wearing skirts, because girls would sit in front of boys, and the skirts would allow certain things to happen. This was two years ago, from 6th graders.

I just worry for when I have kids (god willing) what will be the norm then.

Oh well, another lost cause I guess

Well' date=' you said you were at the mall and saw young girls walking into Victoria's Secret which is what seems to have caused you to start thinking about all this.

Edit: And 'cause Victoria's Secret has great catalogs. [/quote']

No, it was mainly the dress of these younger girls.

I should just end it here, its going in circles

Fred' date=' I understand and agree with everything you're saying. Unfortunately, the world will never change. Way too many Steves out there.[/quote']

oh come on man! hahahahaha you made my night with that comment even my wife is choking with laughter! lmao...it's just an internet forum man don't take life (internet life) too seriously...[drool]

No' date=' it was mainly the dress of these younger girls.

I should just end it here, its going in circles[/quote']

I know that things have changed over the years, but you should have seen what girls were wearing in the 80's before they all started dressing like lumberjacks in the 90's.

A few years back, Selena ('fore she died 'course) got into some heat from wearing bustiers onstage. Next thing you know there were 13 year olds in malls wearing "bras". It's just wrong. It's just what we need, to give pervs more of a reason to lust and act out. Chris Henson will host "To catch a predator" for a while, unfortunately.

Your story starting with Victoria's Secret did cause the problem, for the most part.

For every inappropriately-dressed teenager, though, there are two more who are more modest. You just don't notice them at the mall because they blend in to normal society. It's the people (of all ages and genders) who are dressed in strange ways that you remember seeing. Last time I was in the mall (which was the middle of last week), a majority of girls were wearing shorts and t-shirts.

A few years back' date=' Selena ('fore she died 'course) got into some heat from wearing bustiers onstage. Next thing you know there were 13 year olds in malls wearing "bras". [/quote']

But that's nothing new either. Madonna was wearing bras and bustiers on stage over 25 years ago.

But that's nothing new either. Madonna was wearing bras and bustiers on stage over 25 years ago.

Okay' date=' but that was out of the norm, that was something different, and was everybody talking about it?

Now you see that everywhere, it has become commonplace. I talk to girls (what the hell? [biggrin ) and bras are bought with the intention to match the outfit, because they are to be seen.

I don't know, this has turned into a flame-war (no pun intended...)

Corrosion and Steve, can you both agree to disagree and leave the little snips in your mind and don't write them. I know where this all started and it's been too long ago to be still going at it. Forgive and forget is my motto.

Fred this is what I was refering to you the other day how it's the follow up answers that can sometimes go too far IMHO.

Peace, Rewd.

I never said it was new. Point is, it's not going away in any culture unfortunately. Lady Gagme continues the lame music/trashiness. Now Bieber's prolly gonna wear man bras.... #-o

oh brother[blink]

Nothing has changed.... In the 70's girls wore shorty shorts..... So did the guys for that matter[biggrin] LOL[blush] ....

I have a 12 year old daughter, so I get the whole thing, and I certainly remember girls at the age of 12 when I was young.... I coach girls softball, and ol' saying still stands true today... "Girls will be Girls and boys will be boys."

However Fred, I do have issue with your assumptions on how you can make a judgement call on young females persona and behavior patterns, according to where they shop[confused] .... I think you're cool, but IMO you're the one with the problem on this particular subject matter.... not the girls.

Archived