Gibson Brands Forums

Just A Little Somethin' I recorded In The Studio...

Tman5293

Check this out! My guitar teacher has a full recording studio that he has no problem letting me use from time to time.

The song has me playing the lead solo with my guitar teacher's band:

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

I forgot to tell you guys that the amp I was using was actually a Line 6 Spider III 120W modeling amp. Some really great tone for just a solid state amp. Normally you would only expect that kind of tone out of a tube amp.

Sounds good!

And my respect for the Line 6 Spiders was established after I snuck over to the corner of a Chicago blues bar, authentic down to the cheap beer and big African front-lady, and saw both the guitarists were playing through spiders.

I forgot to tell you guys that the amp I was using was actually a Line 6 Spider III 120W modeling amp. Some really great tone for just a solid state amp. Normally you would only expect that kind of tone out of a tube amp.

great stuff there tman! [thumbup]

i use the 2x12 150 line6 on a daily basis [cool]

Nice Going! Keep Building That Bag Of Tricks.

Thanks! But what do you mean by "bag of tricks?"

Also' date=' I surprised at the number of people here that like the Line 6 amps. I was under the impression that most of you used Marshalls and Fenders! [confused[cool]

Thanks! But what do you mean by "bag of tricks?"

Also' date=' I surprised at the number of people here that like the Line 6 amps. I was under the impression that most of you used Marshalls and Fenders! :-#[cool

Yeah, like Joaquin said. It's all riff and lick and leads, Turn-arounds and Chord Voicing and everything you learn and use when Improvising or Writing or whatever. Particularly Improv and Writing, though.

Archived