Gibson Brands Forums

How can I convince my friend to get an SG Standard?

blambo1223

If someone wanted to give me $2,500 for my SG I wouldn't sell it...

Tell him to buy used. You can find one for $800 pretty easily.

It's something that you can keep your whole lifetime. If you love your SG like I do you will never get tired of it. If you look at it as something that will last you forever then it won't seem so expensive. It IS worth it.

And $1200 is a pretty good price for a great Gibson.

I don't think you should say anything. Just go to a guitar shop and have him play one. On the ride there, listen to Black Sabbath, AC/DC, Santana, Cream, The Allman Brothers, The Who, etc. That could work? [lol]

I don't think you should say anything. Just go to a guitar shop and have him play one. On the ride there' date=' listen to Black Sabbath, AC/DC, Santana, Cream, The Allman Brothers, The Who, etc. That could work? O:) [/quote']

I couldn't have said it better[biggrin] I think i'll be buried with my SG Standard.

I couldn't have said it better[biggrin] I think i'll be buried with my SG Standard.

No No NO! Thats not allowed, It will get all lonely as it wont be played.. You have to remember your guitars feelings ! xD

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 2009 USA Strat (very nice! upgraded from a MIM), 2008 LP Studio (joy/easy to play, upgraded from a Yamaha AES620)....and a 2005 SG Stnd...my favorite is the SG....GREAT guitar (nice, joy to play, great sound!). My son's now looking for his SG. Got mine off eBay a few months ago...under $800.

Hmmm....well, I wouldn't "try to convince him," of which guitar HE should play.

That's so personal, and everyone has their own ideas, of what best suits their style.

Personally, I love SG's...but, I love every other guitar I own, as well. So...??? If he's

meant to have an SG...he'll get 'round to it, on his own terms, and time.

As Gibson's go...the SG Standard is a pretty good deal, price wise, as it is.

"Used but not abused," is a great way to save even more. But, ultimately, it's his

call/decision.

CB

Archived