Gibson Brands Forums

What are you gassing for now?

daveinspain

Besides the Constant GAS for an ES-339, 335, and/or 337, nothing right now. Except maybe a Boss Metal Zone and a MXR Carbon Copy, I've been feeling "Metal" lately. Really, I just want the Delay because I don't have one. So that's more Need/Want than GAS. So strike that, I'm just GASSING for the Boss Metal Zone, ES-339, 337, and/or 335.

And some Red picks to go with Black ones in my Pick Holder on my Mic Stand. Alternating Red and Black would look kinda cool.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My SG is great, so I'm not really GASing for a solidbody right now, but mainly more acoustic-oriented stuff. Such as:

G100CE_md.jpg

gtrwoodcwspr.jpg

mykit5.jpg

Not precisely those drums though, more like one crash cymbal, one ride cymbal, a hi-hat, two floor toms in different tunings and two snares in different tunings

Gear wise, I want a Route 66 compressor/overdrive pedal and good fuzz pedal.

Guitars, well I played an ES335 at the Gibson Showcase in Memphis and it sounded so sweet one day I'll have one.

I also wnat a P90 solid body guitar but I can't get used to an SG and don't want a 50's Tribute LP so I will look at options eventually.

Hmmmmm.....

Given what and how I play most... I think perhaps a 335...

I dunno. I think if I got a letter from Gibson saying, "Hey, guy, come and pick whatever you want from the whole lineup - or alternatively, even something from our top 3 competitors..."

I'd probably be looking at the semi hollow thinbodies regardless. A H'bird would be reeeeally nice. Another 175 type body would be fine... The big jazz boxes are gorgeous.

There's a woody sort of blues sound and yet a potential of cleanliness for even a solo semi-jazz gig, solo "cowboy" music stuff or whatever that is decently answered by the 175-style body but... I've got one that's my #1 guitar and that "woody blues" tone isn't there somehow, although it probably does everything else better.

I dunno. I'm not too greedy. I'd want an instrument to play every day.

But more than "type," there's the individual instrument. Two "identical" guitars aren't. Period.

So... I dunno. <grin>

m

Dave...

You can't go wrong with a 175. But when you get one, try different sorts of strings on it before you decide how you want to play it for the long term. I didn't think much of mine until it ended up with Elixir 9-42 - which is totally "off" what most folks will tell you to use on the thing.

m

Archived