Gibson Brands Forums

Modifying an Epi. Les Paul Special

Les Paul Fanatic

By the way newbie, Welcome to the forum. Your alright. Why don't you just hook-em straight. I personally have done that on several of my guitars. It seems hotter and I think you loose thru tone and volume pots. By-pass the tone and volume pots and run-em straight to the selector switch.

Actually the control cavity is too small for 2 vol, 2 tone configuration... i got mine with 2 volumes and one tone for a time but then i changed back to 1 vol, 1 tone (pickguard wouldnt fit)...

Let me see if i can find the thread where i talked about all the mods done to my 15 year old epi special II.

as cuda says... run them straight to the selector switch...

i moved the selector switch to "normal" les paul position:

(pics of the same guitar taken years ago (white) and a month ago (burst)).

DSC00674-2.jpg

DSC00938.jpg

Zakk Wylde set (came with everything you need to install them, and instructions) and lots of mods in this guitar...

Take a look at the control cavity... not enough room there to fit 4 pots... i managed to place 3 after placing the switch near the neck.

DSC00944-1.jpg

DSC00945.jpg

Then get a slab of mahogany and cut yourself a soild body. I would If I could. Set it up on a cad program and go to town. Cut your first one for practice and send me the 2nd.

+1

i would do that too if i had the hardware required!

Dude try a cut one out of soild maple, I always wonted one. Ever wondered why they dont even offer an axe that is cut from one peice. The body and neck from one soild chunck of wood, no set neck, no neck-thru's with wings added, just one guitar neck and body from one big peice of wood. I bet It wood sound great.

Archived