Gibson Brands Forums

Lucky Number 7

Tim Plains

Well...

It took me 7 tries, but I finally bought a Gibson with a properly cut nut. I'm pleased to announce that my latest acquisition (R9) does not have a tuning problem. There is no "ping" and the G-string does not go way sharp while I'm tuning her. Not only that, but she actually stays in tune! In the two weeks (or so) I've had her, she's only been tuned three times!

Kudos Gibson on a job well done! =D>

Wow. For as much as these guitars cost, you'd think they would get it right everytime. Maybe not. I guess high end Gibsons are kind of like expensive hand built Italian cars. You actually pay for leaking fluids and funky, hard to maintain electrical systems.

Yeah, I don't get it with these nuts. Really, how much more money would it cost Gibson to produce a well cut nut? It can't be much...maybe an extra 15-30 seconds per nut? So, what would that work out to...$500/year?

harmonicchaos, If I post any more pics, you guys'll get sick of her! O:)

pg 18

I know why it works!

Are you a seventh son of a seventh son? If so, this being your seventh guitar, the odds of it being okay must be exactly 1,000,000:1, which means in that in real life, its a dead cert!

Has anyone read Terry Pratchet's Discworld books? If you have, it's obvious!

I know why it works!

Are you a seventh son of a seventh son? If so' date=' this being your seventh guitar, the odds of it being okay must be exactly 1,000,000:1, which means in that in real life, its a dead cert!

Has anyone read Terry Pratchet's Discworld books? If you have, it's obvious![/quote']

I thought that was just an old Iron Maiden song =D>

I thought that was just an old Iron Maiden song =D>

It is! Its the old superstition! Great song and album however!

As for Pratchet, I realise now that in his World its 'An Eighth Son of an Eighth Son' who becomes a wizard! Bugger!

Yeah' date=' I don't get it with these nuts. Really, how much more money would it cost Gibson to produce a well cut nut? It can't be much...maybe an extra 15-30 seconds per nut? So, what would that work out to...$500/year?

harmonicchaos, If I post any more pics, you guys'll get sick of her! O:)

pg 18

It would seem to come down to three things maybe. A nobody gives a damn B nobody has time or C nobody knows how to do it. Maybe a combination of all three.

Archived