Gibson Brands Forums

Virtuoso Polish

FennRx

What do guys think of putting Virtuoso polish/cleaner on a LP Faded? I saw some pics on other sites and they look pretty sweet.

The stuff is great.I tried everything to clean a cloudy area I kept getting on my gibsons where my forearm rests over the guitar body.Nothing helped.Then,I bought the virtuoso cleaner and polish,and it took it right off and cleaned it up beautiful.Doesn't take much of the polish to do it either so a bottle will last real long time.Get some.I garantee you will approve of theresults

The reason they say not to use it on faded/satin guitars is that it will make them shiny. If that's what you're trying to do, then it's no problem. But if you're some poor sucker who just wants to clean up his used satin finish Highway 1 Strat, you're going to wind up with a nice shiny Fender.

Their warning should be "don't use them on faded finishes if you want to keep them faded".

The reason they say not to use it on faded/satin guitars is that it will make them shiny. If that's what you're trying to do' date=' then it's no problem. But if you're some poor sucker who just wants to clean up his used satin finish Highway 1 Strat, you're going to wind up with a nice shiny Fender.

Their warning should be "don't use them on faded finishes if you [i']want[/i] to keep them faded".

I'd like to see photos of the faded after using the polish if/when you get them

Thanks

Just a word of warning. I sort of had weird results on the SG. I only bought the polish since my LP is pretty much brand new. I figured I wouldn't need the cleaner. Well reading some tips on the LP forum, the cleaner is what actually gives it the shine/depth, the polish just enhances and preserves it. Apparently guys who used only the polish alone didn't get much in the way of results. A lot of them were recommending either the Virtuoso Cleaner or Meguiar's ScatchX first, then the polish. Since I can't get across town to get the cleaner until the weekend, I went to the local Canadian Tire and got the Meguiar's.

I wanted to test it on my SG first before doing my LP. I tried just the polish and they were right about it not doing much. I used the Meguiar's on the back and then the polish, and it looked great. I was happy considering the faded SG is a lot "rougher" than the Les Paul. If if did that to the SG then it was going to look awesome on my LP. About ten minutes later I noticed something. The wood on the SG isn't filled and has very large pores. Well Meguiar's is a car polish, so it dries white... in the pores!!! I only did the back, so I'm not too concerned, and the Les Paul's wood is sealed so it won't be an issue. Plus I planned on using the proper Virtuoso cleaner on it. I'll post pics of the SG when I get the chance, and of the LP when it's done.

Archived