Gibson Brands Forums

Driver's Ed

SGplayer1994

I'm sorry, $55 a month for what? You're telling me a new driver, male I'm assuming, who hasn't even got their full license yet pays 660$ a month? For A Mustang GT? Nope. No way. Unless your parents are the primary and you're just registered as a secondary.

People paid you $30 to mow their lawn? Wow!

Haha they offered and I'm not gonna bring them down in price!

You have to remember a few things though--

1. Many of the people in my neighborhood are retired.

2. I'm in south east GA, where the temps are easily in the 100's right now with very high humidity.

3. These people don't exactly think mowing their yard is something they should do while retired.

SO.......

while the rest of my school begs Publix and Winn-Dixie, along with fast food joints for jobs that pay very little, I go outside get hot and dirty while playing some tunes through my mp3 player and earn some real cash.

I'm sorry' date=' $55 a month for what? You're telling me a new driver, male I'm assuming, who hasn't even got their full license yet pays 660$ a month? For A Mustang GT? Nope. No way. Unless your parents are the primary and you're just registered as a secondary. [/quote']

BINGO! haha you know my ways

Oh and also that's just a quote, I haven't actually obtained my license yet so I'm not insured, plus i get good grade discounts and my dad gets some discounts for some stuff (not exactly sure). Plus, i got a real good price on the car because it was my dad's friend's car and he upgraded to a new camaro so i got this car for around 15k, and my dad helped me a little bit.

So that may help explain it. I'm not exactly sure what's good as far as insurance goes i'm new at this.

For full 1 million liability on my 2002 Impreza (not turbo charged) per year I pay 1300$ now which is down from 1800$ a year after 3 years of good driving. But that's as a primary too, like I said, good luck to you, don't drive it like an a-hole, treat her good now, you hear?

Yeah there's two cars in the house and two adults, so they see it as I won't be driving much, even though it's mine. But I've always been a good courteous driver and always will be. And yeah I will treat her good i clean it once a week, keep it in a garage, and wax every month and a half haha. I guess i just have some good luck as far as insurance goes.

For full 1 million liability on my 2002 Impreza (not turbo charged) per year I pay 1300$ now which is down from 1800$ a year after 3 years of good driving. But that's as a primary too' date=' like I said, good luck to you, don't drive it like an a-hole, treat her good now, you hear?[/quote']

Wow 1 million liability. People are allowed on the roads in Missouri with $25,000/$50,000 liability. If they run into a big new car it doesn't even cover the whole cost needless to say if someone is severely injured or killed.

Wow 1 million liability. People are allowed on the roads in Missouri with $25' date='000/$50,000 liability. If they run into a big new car it doesn't even cover the whole cost needless to say if someone is severely injured or killed.[/quote']

Yup here in GA it's $25,000/$50,000/$25,000.

That's nothing if anybody needs some form of surgery or physical therapy you're out of luck.

$1,000,000 is definitely playing it safe.

I didn't go for the minimum, but I certainly did not go that high.

You could always charge some of the members on the forum to look at your avatar pic' date=' since we all know what happened last time. That'd get you some dough.[/quote']

I have a hard time getting your sense of humor but that was a good one! LOL[biggrin] #-o[crying]

I did Drivers Ed back in Mid 90's it's suppose to save on your insurance.

This is completely different. You absolutely must complete the course if you want your license when you're 16, it offers no insurance discount whatsoever. To get a discount in GA, you have to do extra courses that can cost $100-$200. In my case, it would take 5 years for the insurance discounts to outweigh the class cost, so I'm not going to do that.

Has anybody had to deal with this? Being that I live in Georgia' date=' I got a permit when I was 15, and now that I'm almost 16 and ready for a full license, they want me to educate me on driving, AFTER being on the road for almost a year. Not only do I have to complete all the silly practice exercises (over 20, minimum 2 hours each) and have 40 hours of driving experience with a parent (both are done), I have to take a 30 hour online driving course. I completed the course already except for the final exam, which it won't let me take until I've been actively completing assignments for 30 hours. It only took me 16 hours to do the 10 modules, so guess I have to sit hear and repeat what I've already done again.....sigh.[/quote']

That's about the size of it.

As part of my job requirements, I have to complete an online, annual ethics policy exam. There is a minimum amount of time required to complete it. Yes I said MINIMUM. If you breeze through it by skipping the reading portion and only doing the questions to the inane common sense questions, thereby taking too little time, they assume you did not have the time to fully grasp the concept. Therefore, you have to take it again. At some point we all figured out what the magical minimum time was to complete the course. So... you read the passages, re-read the passages, do some other desk work*, then answer the questions. Repeat until all questions are completed. *Indicates insert other fruitless activity like going to get coffee, or to the can. If it sounds like a government job... it is.

My son failed his first road test yesterday after having his learner's permit for a year. The lady who gave him the road test said he was an excellent driver and gave him encouragement at the end of the test. The only thing he did wrong............ driving too slow! That's right, perfect parallel parking, reverse parking and obeying all of the signs. He even had a skateboarder jump off the sidewalk and into the intersection as he was entering it and avoided hitting him. He told me that he was being cautious as speeding is an automatic fail. He wasn't going "senior's" type slow, but just being cautious. Speeding is the most common cause of accidents, especially among young drivers and he fails for going slow. Needless to say we're both pissed about this.

I also failed my road test. Twice actually. The first time I drove fine, but lost just enough demerit points for not doing the shoulder checks at every intersection etc. The instructor told me that I had great control of the vehicle and awareness but I needed to do those things as part of the test.

The second time I don't think was very fair, because the instructor asked me if I minded if a new instructor came along, and she nailed me on a lot of things, I think she went extra hard on me for the sake of traning.

Anyway, the third time was the charm, I did all the things they wanted me to and still drove fine, like I did all three other times. The driving stuff isn't a measure of good driving but how well you tow that line, that they want to see.

Archived