Gibson Brands Forums

Who's more metal than NeoConMan?

NeoConMan

Wife was snapping pics while I was wailing on the Explorer, this one turned out interesting...

www.flickr.com/photos/11455727%40N08/4865403312/

Hmmmm.....

Direct links to Flick'r now not working for some reason.

Nevermind.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FAIL

You are not wearing black nail polish

You are not leering or sneering

Your eyes are not bloodshot

You are not wearing a black glove

You don't look like you smell bad

You are not giving the bird or the more bizarre wanker devil sign

Basically you don't look feral enough:-" [biggrin]

That Futura is just a nasty looking guitar' date=' why mess with the Explorer?[/quote']

messing with the futura gave us the more sexy, better looking explorer. The first pic hides the ugly body shape some making it look better but the second picture shows how ugly it really is.

Notice the other guitar player laughing at you :-

lol! Yup' date=' he sure was as were the rest of the band! In that pic, I decided to be a hot shot and step out in front of the performance area for a big guitar solo and mangled it badly. [biggrin

Thats not metal thats a southern rock Image...............

Yeah' date=' I know....

[cool

FAIL

You are not wearing black nail polish

You are not leering or sneering

Your eyes are not bloodshot

You are not wearing a black glove

You don't look like you smell bad

You are not giving the bird or the more bizarre wanker devil sign

Basically you don't look feral enough:-" :)

Yeah' date=' but what about the [b']EVIL RED EYES[/b]?

I ALWAYS get that if I look anywhere near the camera with a flash.

I heard it's a blue eye thing, blue is more prone to that for some reason.

True?

Hell, I dunno....

Wife thought I looked evil enough, she wanted to delete the pic immediately.

[cool]

Cool but one of the advantages of Explorers is that you can hang them low and have full access to the fingerbaord no problem...you should try it out.

Oh' date=' I have!

That strap was off something else (I have twenty of them) and the Explorer requires more length anyhow.

I have a longer one set up for it, but it was in the case in the NeoCon Compound Communications Center.

(My office.)

You do definitely look like Southern rocker.

I will graciously accept that as a compliment!

hey' date=' I see you have a Ted Nugent autographed guitar,, did he charge you for that ??? :)

[YOUTUBE']

[/YOUTUBE]

Yes he did.

And I agree with him 100%.

Standing in line at the NRA Convention to meet him, it looked like it was gonna be a couple hour wait.

Seeing a couple morons walking around with $39 toy acoustics he had signed, I was floored!

WHY do these guys even sign that junk sh!t - knowing it's going straight to Ebay?

I had an idea - I took my Gold Top out of the case and rested it against my chest with the Gibson head stock

clearly visible above the crowd.

In no time, one of Ted's guys parted the crowd and asked if I wanted it autographed.

"Indeed I do" I replied.

He said that Ted only does his books at signings and requires a donation for any "memorabilia" items.

All the money goes to his hunting/outfitting biz Sunrise Safaris - and I'm very aware of the kid angle with that.

NOTHING teaches a kid about responsibility and the environment like hunting, so I'm in.

He shot me a price, I agreed, and the velvet ropes parted as Mrs. Neo and I were led through the crowd and

around behind the tables to the front of the line. We had a brief conversation with Ted, he acknowledged my

wife, and I told him that she's an elementary school teacher in the 'hood of Phoenix.

And a RARE conservative there.

He grinned widely and took his time while signing all sorts of stuff I didn't even ask for.

This allowed Mrs. Neo (and dozens of others) to take all the pics we wanted.

I got WAY more than I expected, and that YouTube video demonstrates that it's all in the approach.

Expect something for nothing, you should get pissed on.

God bless Ted Nugent and the National Rifle Association!

[cool]/

I had an idea - I took my Gold Top out of the case and rested it against my chest with the Gibson head stock

clearly visible above the crowd.

In no time' date=' one of Ted's guys parted the crowd and asked if I wanted it autographed.

"Indeed I do" I replied.

[/quote']

I may have to try this Gibson idea out. [cool]

Archived