Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jmann

push pull pots?

have those, they will fit with a little bit of tweaking (bending) but the bracket on the pot itself does not line up with the the stability holes in the plate.

that would work but then i would have to buy all new pots' date=' which i plan to do anyway but i would like to keep the plate in there[/quote']

Any particular reason why?

Because with the plate the guitar uses long shaft pots and without it would use short shaft pots. could use long shaft without the plate but it would look silly.

or were you just asking why i wanted to keep the plate? that's because i already invested in a long shaft push pull for my coil split and i don't want to buy another one of those.

thought so, i think i'm going to email Gibson and see if they make them and no one carries them or something. it just doesn't make sense to me that they would make a short shaft version and stamp "Gibson" on it but completely forgo the long shaft pot that is standard in their most popular guitar.

right, the problem is that it still won't be set in the hole so over time the nut can come loose and the pot will spin, spring washers or serrated washers help but it's still not as good.

www.RSGuitarworks.net has long shaft push pull but the webiste indicates they are made by Alpha which means import, call these guys to see if this will fit, I am sure it will just call them to be safe.

FWIW I have an push pull Alpha pot in one of guitars and I have soldered and unsoldered that sucker more then 10 times and incredibly the pot is still alive and well. The taper is good too.

http://www.rsguitarworks.net/rsstore/popup_image.php?pID=172&image=0

i'm using an alpha pot right now, it works fine but like you said it is an import so the base doesn't fit the plate without modification and also the speed knobs on my LP fit it very loosely so i had to bend the split a little.