Gibson Brands Forums

The first Gibson J-185

thefirstj-185

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I admit I'm just jealous because no one has offered me many farms for my guitars and I'd really like a nice farm!

Sorry if I offended you calling you a blowhard, again I'm just jealous. I guess you got the best of us "EXPERTS". I bet you even touched Elvis and now you can touch him every time you play your first J 185. That would be so special. [rolleyes]

I'm starting to tear up just thinking about it. :(

I know a smart person, like you, knows I am the one full of BS. You probably realized I just took those pictures off the internet, trying to be somebody important like you.

I'm going to take a hot bath and try to forget. [biggrin]

This idiot wants everyone to believe he has information that no one else has. It's just annoying at this point. I don't even believe he has the first J-185 and is just blowing smoke up everyone's rear end. I guess this thread is good for venting anyway.

This idiot wants everyone to believe he has information that no one else has. It's just annoying at this point. I don't even believe he has the first J-185 and is just blowing smoke up everyone's rear end. I guess this thread is good for venting anyway.

If you're going to have smoke blown up your rear end, you'd better have a way to "vent" it!

Nope is it more fun to see just how many people that DO NOT know the reason the first IS different from NIGHT and DAY. And for the the one that said MORON; go look in the mirror when you say this [flapper] I understand it must be frustrating for you not knowing. You must seek and ye shall find the truth. Hint 2; If Gibson did not make it than whom did MUST be very awsome guitar craftsmen. THINK Use your heads for more than hat racks

Nope is it more fun to see just how many people that DO NOT know the reason the first IS different from NIGHT and DAY. And for the the one that said MORON; go look in the mirror when you say this [flapper] I understand it must be frustrating for you not knowing. You must seek and ye shall find the truth. Hint 2; If Gibson did not make it than whom did MUST be very awsome guitar craftsmen. THINK Use your heads for more than hat racks

You are confusing us with people who give a damn about your guitar.......

... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Put up or shut time firstJ185.

What are the serial numbers and FON of your guitars?

If you can't put up some proof then I'll contact the moderators to have you banned as a troll. After reading this thread I don't think they will hesitate. You have one more post to prove your claims. No proof then you will be reported.

Your guys made me laugh with your comments. The old blowhard is back. I bet he doesn't even own the a J 185. And wouldn't the people like Gruhn, the Japanese collector and all the people who offered many farms know why?

Hey blowhard, how much are my 1951 J 185 worth? Remember I have the 3rd one made and the first Blonde. Hey I will give you a deal on them, both for $100K, that should complete your collection and you can get many farms for it!

You are nothing but BS are you?

Terry, the owner of the 3rd J185 and first Bonde J 185.

... Terry, did you just sell 'em both?

Come on guys....The answer is right under your noses! Think about IT... WHO built the very first J-185 ????

I must be too damned bored or stoned to even be replying to this tripe.... [lol]

Under my nose is a very large area, so I'm still searching for the answer.

• 3 weeks later...

The answer to this question is Bigfoot the lochness monster and lachoopacabra formed a mythical alliance to craft only these two guitars and then luckily they found a baffon to believe they are priceless and having 1 and 2 would make him vastly superior on a guitar forum! And instructed him two dangle mysterious info to divulge to create some sort of a game to entertain themselves, cause if I had a 250000 dollar guitar that's what I'd do. I honestly have probably the 10000th hummingbird true vintage but its one of a kind cause its mine! [thumbup] quit wasting our time most of us do use this forum as a tool to help us man up or shut up!

This thread has been neither intriguing or entertaining, or -- for that matter -- interesting either.

Good ones are where you find them, and the cachet of a "first" or a second, or one breathed on by Elvis or Johnny or Katie or Carly doesn't hold much charm, compared with having a good one.

• 2 weeks later...

dumb no matter how you look at it. how could it be worth $250k if only this guy knows the reason? it could only be worth that if people would pay it..... which they wouldn't if they knew no reason to.

the logic of trolls falls apart quickly.

I think the guy wants us to guess that Elvis gave him the guitar at Dewey Phillip's house when the OP was four, on the day before Elvis made his debut appearance on the Ed Sullivan Show in New York. He suggests that the guitar was given or sold to Elvis by Johnny Cash. I suppose he wants us to assume that the guitar was the first one made and given to Johnny Cash by Gibson (that he says did not build it, by the way). He also either implies for some reason that it is ubervaluable because it has gold plated Kluson tuning machines or that Les Paul waived his magic hand over it for some reason. Either way, whatever....

Archived