Demand for used Alex Lifeson ES-355s

turkeyT

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

AL 294 also on eBay.. auction starting at $3,999 or buy it now at $4,599.

I think that's the highest serial number I've seen. And this is the first time I've seen 3 of them for sale on eBay at one time.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gibson-custom-shop-Alex-Lifeson-Rush-signature-ES-355-guitar-/230753981305?pt=Guitar&hash=item35ba025379

EDIT: Sold for $4,550.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Gotta echo the previous guy who said that he wouldn't buy another Gibbo on the basis of the AL 355.

I travelled to Toronto from the UK to collect mine (AL 00x) because it had to be from Toronto to be optimally authentic for me. The finish and workmanship is not great, especially for the cash paid, so I decided there and then never to buy a new Gibson, and I have purposely talked myself out of his Floyd Les Paul model on the quality basis. I mean there is just so much to go wrong, even if they get the basic wood and paint right.

AL 00x also lives hidden away, because I love to play it, but just don't enjoy looking at it.

Sorry Gibson, I had faith, paid a lot, but am not impressed. I have played far better finished Chinese guitars, and I kid you not on that..............by quite a long chalk....Ibanez, Washburn......

I am a Rush disiple, so this leaves a firm lump in my throat, but I am getting over it becasue that AL 00* is a great investment.

In the mean time I will knock out my Lifeson repetoire on my trusty humbucker equipped Fender Strat which, lets be honest, is the era that Rush/Lifeson made their best music [thumbup]......in my opinion........go figure..........

L3rxst

Archived