Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
blambo1223

Things you've done in your lifetime that you regret

Make sure its the worse, let people know that if they've done something that they haven't been through ****.

Mine is buying a STARcaster by Fender, I'm goin to hell for that [crying]

Im going to add in another one.

Stealing a plastic knife from Mcdonalds, then going to the bank, grab someone from behind and threatened to kill him if I didn't get 2000$ to get a Les Paul.

Well, Half of that I don't regret [crying]

and sadly half of it isn't true

I regret more the things I did not do.

If you go through life not regretting things you did do, then you have not lived. So get off the couch and go do something stupid!

I let a Guild Thunderbird get away from me and now I can't find another to replace it. I don't even remember what I traded it for.

in the 80's, I sold a pre-CBS Tele to buy a new Ibanez RG. At the time, it seemed like the right thing to do.

Now, not so much. (i still have the ibanez though, and will never sell it).

yesterday i went to guitar center and found a rare ibanez flying v that was only made for a week or two, for 299$. sadly i didnt buy it and it as amazing. it was a prototype for the sam totman signature guitar. now im sad...

When I think of regrets, I think of major, life altering stuff. In that regard, I don't have any regrets; if I had done anything different, I wouldn't be quite who I am today and I'm a pretty happy camper overall.

Passing on a 56 Jr for $375 back in the early 80s

Selling my early 80s Hamer

As far as real life situations, I'll keep them to myself.

I wish I would have spent more time with my grandmother and grandfather.

Seems when you're young you're so self-centered you neglect all that is awesome about you.

All the hours I missed out on...the wisdom they could have bestowed.

I wish I would have spent more time with my grandmother and grandfather.

Seems when you're young you're so self-centered you neglect all that is awesome about you.

All the hours I missed out on...the wisdom they could have bestowed.

So True. My grandmother passed 5 years ago and my Grandfather last year at 96.

They were married for over 65 years - amazing.

All I can think of is how much time I missed out on with them.

I was "too busy" and always thought they would be there when I got more time.

I've lost so much because of it.

I know exactly how you feel.

Since you ask, I have 2. One I think really affected my life, the other is just a "craaaaaaaaaaap" moment.

First one was in 8th grade. It was about three months before school ended and I saved up enough money and bought a Squier starter pack. I loved it, I played it all the time, and started learning songs. I got together with my one friend, who had also just bought a guitar, and we were gonna start a band for the talent show. One friend had a bass laying his house, so he played bass, and another wanted to play drums, so we got our teacher to let us use her brother's drum set. We learned 3 Green Day songs (just for Murph [cool] but mainly because they were really easy :-k ) I was playing rhythm and singing because I could actually sound like Billie Joe. About two weeks before the talent show, I got terrible pneumonia and I couldn't leave the house for a month. I had a 104 fever and could hardly eat. I missed the talent show, and I never wanted to pick up the guitar because for some reason, I blamed the guitar for what happened. Didn't even think about picking it up until Junior Year, signed up for a guitar class at school, and the rest is history. That is my one true regret, thinking about all the time I had wasted, and everything I forgot. But I like to believe everything happens for a reason, so it had to be something.

The other is kind of stupid, skip reading this if you want. Last summer, I really liked a girl, turns out she was just using me and I didn't realize it. I did a lot of stupid stuff for her, and it was for nothing. After she pretty much gave me the middle finger and told me I wasn't worth it, I was pretty shaken up. I pushed a lot of friends out of my life. My one friend tried talking to me about it and I was a jerk to her at that time. I find out this summer after school is over, that she liked me, and I used to like her, but didn't think I had a chance. Lesson one: don't be stupid. Lesson Two: don't take anyone or anything for granted. The only good thing I got out of the first girl was a good song I wrote about it.

But, like all regrets [confused]