Gibson Brands Forums

Things you've done in your lifetime that you regret

blambo1223

i regret abandoning guitar in college to buy dj gear...(wtf!)

haha

it was a lot of fun but i sold all that gear to fund a cross country trip...and looking back now...my playing would be light years ahead of where it was if i kept strumming in college...

i also regret selling my Gibson L-00...at the time i thought the grass was greener on the other side...turns out i've been chasing the L-00 ever since!

greatest acoustic ever!

Pippy...

<grin> I wonder how many have heard Piaf's "no regrets."

I agree in general that most of us will look back more at things we ought to have done rather than those things we should not have done.

In a guitar sense, though, I reeeeeally wish I hadn't swapped so many guitars I'd now love to have back.

m

Pippy...

<grin> I wonder how many have heard Piaf's "no regrets."

m

[blink]

Really? Am I showing my Age or my Continent? LOL!

Watch the biopic if you get the chance...

Marion Cotillard deservedly won the 'Best Actress' Oscar for her portrayal of Piaf.

Pippy... dunno about the "continent or age" question.

But... I remember watching Piaf on live tv. <grin> Also as I recall Sylvia (Fricker) Tyson of "Ian and Sylvia" and later on her own used to have a Piaf-like vibrato in some of her stuff and it was something of mention back when....

There's a youtube vid of her doing "no regrets."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFRuLFR91e4

If I tried for that much vibrato I think my larynx would pop out.

m

Pippy... dunno about the "continent or age" question.

But... I remember watching Piaf on live tv. <grin> Also as I recall Sylvia (Fricker) Tyson of "Ian and Sylvia" and later on her own used to have a Piaf-like vibrato in some of her stuff and it was something of mention back when....

There's a youtube vid of her doing "no regrets."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFRuLFR91e4

If I tried for that much vibrato I think my larynx would pop out.

m

I'm a big fan of Marlena Dietrich's (odd, I know). Her friendship with Piaf made me curious about the sparrow.

That woman sang with feeling...I mean, blues has nothing on that lady's suffering.

Talk about a traumatic!

Archived