Gibson Brands Forums

Guess what UPS just delivered...

Bluemoon

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, nice guitar, and you got it in one piece from UPS, I'm starting to think they got something against stringed instruments in that outfit. Seriously though, that is a nice one..."monster flame", I believe it's called?

Damn' date=' nice flame!

2008...is it chambered or non-chambered? I don't know exactly what's going on with the '08s.[/quote']

Chambered. They aren't switching over to the new models for a few more months.

Are you sure it's not a 2007?

Considering I thought Gibson was revamping everything for 2008...wasn't aware they were available yet...

...or is that the 2009s?

See above. I think it is the last of the of the old models.

Sweet! Really nice top! Is that the case that came with it?

That's the case. I believe all 08 cases are white

That's quite a beauty there, that binding really compliments the gorgeous flamed top. I've not heard of the Standard traditional. Is there any info from Gibson themselves? That actually sounds like a great idea because I do miss the heaviness and density of tone of an unchambered Les Paul.

That's quite a beauty there' date=' that binding really compliments the gorgeous flamed top. I've not heard of the Standard traditional. Is there any info from Gibson themselves? That actually sounds like a great idea because I do miss the heaviness and density of tone of an unchambered Les Paul. [/quote']

My understanding is that in a couple of months Gibson will offer two types of standards.

A traditional Standard--non-chambered with 50s neck. And a standard--which is chambered with a 60s-like neck.

They are changing some of the hardware too on both models.

Archived