Gibson Brands Forums

Guess what UPS just delivered...

Bluemoon

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nice guitar!!! did it come with the locking bridge and tailpiece? and straplocks? Gibson is supposed to be adding all that to 2008 standards but im not sure when they start doing it.

Not on this one. I believe the new models come out in a few months. I think Gibson is wrapping up production on the "old" standard models.

Nice flame there how does she sound? So all the 07 and 08 gibson les pauls ahve the white cases? Tomorrow im getting a 1958 reissue that I believe is a late 07 model or early early 08 assuming it will have the white case inside.

The white cases have been the standard for a couple of years now. I might be wrong, but I believe the reissue should have the Custom Shop case, which is a smoother tolex exterior with a burgundy velour interior.

Congtats!!!! Gorgeous.... A real knock out! You must be very happy... I'm expecting a delivery soon too... :-)

dave i never got your PM, but i cant wait to see your doubleneck

i like the white ones better, but if its aged like Jimmy's and got the special pagebuckers, i bet that thing has tone for days

His my theory on this guitar (let me know if you agree).

Because of the vibrant flame on this body, I am thinking it was destined for a higher-end model. However, there is a very, very slight dark mark on the front (a knot in the wood). I am thinking that as a result Gibson couldn't use it on the higher-end model and used on this standard instead.

Would that make sense?

Holy Crap! What a beautiful guitar.

Hey man take some pics outside with that thing

Here you go

DSC_0013.jpg

DSC_0011.jpg

Give us some pics from a different angle... or four

The right side of the bridge and the right side of the tailpiece are much lower the left sides. The reason I ask is because I posted some pics on Mylespaul site and some guy questioned the angle of the bridge. I trust your opinions more than those guys.

DSC_0020.jpg

DSC_0024-1.jpg

DSC_0027.jpg

Does anyone think the bridge angle on my standard is a little extreme? Plays fine.

I actually thought the same thing when you first posted your pics, But when I kept looking at it I think the second pic was the culprit it really looked tweaked on that photo when you first look at it but the angle made it hard to tell. On your followup shots it looks more correct and looks like it's straight across your PU grab some measurements across the neck if your worried?

Because of the vibrant flame on this body, I am thinking it was destined for a higher-end model. However, there is a very, very slight dark mark on the front (a knot in the wood). I am thinking that as a result Gibson couldn't use it on the higher-end model and used on this standard instead.

I thought the same about mine, alright, the flame isn't quite as crazy as yours, but it does have a better flame than a lot of Standards I've seen, AND it has a similar mark as yours. Gibson Customer Service didn't think that our (mutual) theory holds water though, I'm afraid! The cavity codes might reveal otherwise though. Take your PUPs off and have a peak!

6a00e398cde5cd000100f48cedc6d40003-500pi

...and yes - mine is an '07 Std and has a white case interior also. I prefer it to the pink!

As for the angle of your bridge - mine is exactly the same, although I don't have a photo I can link to right now. (Sorry, bad English - "I don't have a photo to which I can link, right now...) ;o)

Good to know that the bridge isn't messed up.

I still think our theory is holds water. i will try to take a peak tonight. You can see the slight flaw on mine on the very last photo in the group. I was a little annoyed at first. But the flame of the guitar offsets the flaw.

Archived