Gibson Brands Forums

Tony Iommi got jacked

GIANTRobOT420

To the black market!

LMAO!!!!

The ****** bag that stole it can go to hell! :- He obviously doesn't understand how important the bond between a guitarist and his guitar is. Nor does he care. Poor Tony. He's had that SG for like 35 years!

lol dem00n who counts these things?...

I can't tell if you got steves joke or not. I thought it was pretty funny.

Its on metal enc, its a big storage of unsigned and signed metal bands all over the world.

No nu-metal, metalcore or that other **** though.

I've had tuners stolen' date=' cables, etc. But a guitar? I would kill someone! [angry']

Especially for someone like that, a guitar that they have a bond with and have had for many many years, and c'mon, they really stole it at a benefit concert? That's low.

O:)

If you gig long enough, you will have one stolen eventually. I was lucky enough to loose a back up instrument to a thief.

I was at a show in St Paul last month, and the opening band's road crew had all their gear piled by the back door left unattended. There was no security, and the bartenders were slammed. The band and crew were busy watching the headliner. Anyone could have walked off with their gear.

I caught the guitar player outside smoking and mentioned that they may want to leave a roadie to watch their stuff. He didnt seem too worried about it. I guess he'll start worrying when his gear comes up missing.

I guess thieves are everywhere. One cool thing is Tony can probably afford another one, or Gibson will hook him up with a new one. Hell, I'd give him mine if I was a southpaw. It still sucks that someone stole it.

If you gig long enough' date=' you will have one stolen eventually. I was lucky enough to loose a back up instrument to a thief.

I was at a show in St Paul last month, and the opening band's road crew had all their gear piled by the back door left unattended. There was no security, and the bartenders were slammed. The band and crew were busy watching the headliner. Anyone could have walked off with their gear.

I caught the guitar player outside smoking and mentioned that they may want to leave a roadie to watch their stuff. He didnt seem too worried about it. I guess he'll start worrying when his gear comes up missing.

[/quote']

That sucks, I never would leave it unattended. Find somewhere safe for it, or just load it up in the car again.

And Twiz- yeah, he can afford one, but its different. I've bonded with my guitar and even if I could afford another, it wouldn't be the same. People may knock the VM Series, but to me, it is one of the best feeling guitars out there. That's what drew me to it.

Archived