Gibson Brands Forums

Who should be in next It Might Get Loud?

Silenced Fred

I would have to disagree with that.... what about guys like Dan Donegan and Synyster Gates?? I realize they're no Jimmy Page or anything, but both are pretty great guitarists in their own right. Both have some pretty awesome riffs and I would say they are probably some of the best players of the modern metal era.

I think this lineup would be interesting:

1. Gary Moore

2. Angus Young

3. Dan Donegan

Maybe, I'm just not that into metal, so I wouldn't know :-"

I would have to disagree with that.... what about guys like Dan Donegan and Synyster Gates?? I realize they're no Jimmy Page or anything, but both are pretty great guitarists in their own right. Both have some pretty awesome riffs and I would say they are probably some of the best players of the modern metal era.

I think this lineup would be interesting:

1. Gary Moore

2. Angus Young

3. Dan Donegan

Dan Donegan? Dan Donegan? Are we talking about the same guy from Disturbed? [scared]

I can see Synyster Gates, but Dan Donegan? No way.

Thats an easy one. Keith Richards.

Wow... how could I forget? One with Angus Young, Keith Richards and Pete Townshend would've been awesome, granted it wouldn't have a great deal of variety to it like the first movie [tongue]

I saw a snap taken at some bash Queen 'Liz II was throwing a year or so ago where she was shooting the breeze with a group of 4 guys.

Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck, Jimmy Page and Brian May.

Quite something to be in the same room as four of the most influential electric guitarists of all time.

Then again; it's something to be asked to meet Her Maj' as well, I suppose.

My selections for the next two (I know; I'm cheating) would be;

Neil Young; Brian May; Billy Gibbons for guitarists with differing approaches to their music and;

B.B. King; Eric Clapton; Jeff Beck for an 'All-Blues-Old-Folk-Special'!

Archived